3.3

Emily sat on Chemistry with Holly was was going on about how Matt got her tickets to see a musical for Christmas and how cute he was. The bell rang and the teacher walked in putting pieces of paper on her desk before sitting at it. 

"Is the new student here?" She asked looking around the room. 

"There's a new student?" Holly whispered and Emily shrugged in response. 

"I'm going to take that as an no" The teacher said with a shrug, she was probably late. 

Calum and Michael walked in as the teacher stood up. 

"Surprisingly late" The teacher commented watching them as they walked to their seats at the back "You know Calum, the only time you were ever early is when I put you in partners with Emily, maybe I should reconsidered who you work with more" 

There was sniggers around the room as the teacher flickered her eyes between Emily and Calum. 

"But I'm not sure I want to put Emily through that pain" The teacher shrugged as she turned to wipe down the board. Emily turned to see Calum looking, he winked at her before she turned back to face the front. 

As the lesson went on the teacher gave them a particle to get on with, however she had out Calum with Emily and Holly.

"Literally the third wheel" Holly mumbled as Calum lent against the desk "If you guys can keep yourselves from touching each other that would be fab" 

"Holly" Emily said frowning but laughed a little 

"Oh yeah I forgot, you aren't an in school couple" Holly said sarcastically. 

"Can you just go an get the test tubes?" Emily asked looking over at her. 

Once Holly returned with the test tubes Emily began to measure out the acid into the test tubes. 

"Em you're supposed to measure them" Calum said looking down at the sheet. 

"She does it by eye" Holly told Calum who squinted his eyes at her. 

"What the hell" Calum said with slight disbelief. 

"It's practice" Emily shrugged putting the last test tube in the test tube rack. 

 Calum and Holly let Emily do the experiment by herself and they just watched. Mainly because it would be easier that way but also because Emily knew what she was doing. 

Calum walked out of chemistry with Michael behind Holly and Emily. 

"Hey Em" Calum said making Emily turn round to face him. 

"You're coming to the bonfire tonight, right?" Calum asked walking next to her. 

"Calum we talked about this" Emily sighed looking up at him. 

"But you have to  come" Calum whined a little. 

"It's really not my thing" Emily said looking up at him a little sadly. 

"I know but-" 

"I said no Calum" Emily cut in making him roll his eyes at her and mumble a fine. 

Once in the lunch hall they went to their separate tables. Holly and Emily joined the rest of thier friends and Calum and Michael went over to their table. 

"So bonfire tonight ladies" Poppy smiled "The best school event of the year" 

"What about the last day of school for summer? That pretty good" Holly commented making Emily laugh a little.