1.2

Emily and Calum agreed that they would be more of an outside of school couple. They weren't going to show off the relationship in school, at least not yet. People would find out slowly from parties or gossip or whatever.

It was the Thursday after the date were things became official between them. Emily had told Holly, Abi and Poppy about her and Calum. She assumed he had told Michael, Ashton and Luke. Emily sat at her usual lunch table with her friends. Emily had a lot of friends, but Holly was her number one best friend or her 'best friend soul mate'. Abi and Poppy were also her best friends but her and Holly had been inseparable since pretty much birth. They were born two days apart and their mums became friends. Of course they had arguments but nothing ever got in the way of the friendship. Poppy and Abi were the same as them, pretty much. They all met when they were 11 and put into a group project since then it had been the four of them. Emily was considered more of the 'leader' of the group of friends, not just the three girls but the whole group they had. This wasn't seen by the people in it but from an outside point of view Emily was seen as a group leader. Emily was the one with the most popularity so people would take notice of her not that she really took notice in others.

"Soooo" Poppy smiled at Emily.
"What" Emily asked breaking off a piece of chocolate from the bar her and Holly were sharing.
"Is he a good kisser?" Poppy asked making Emily roll her eyes at her. All she had gotten from her best friends was questions about Calum and they hadn't been dating a week.
"You can tell he's done it before" Emily answered.
"We're going to that party this weekend right?" Holly said putting a piece of chocolate in her mouth.
"Urm I think so I might have to double check" Emily shrugged.
"You can do it now" Abi said nodding behind Emily's head. Calum walked over to Emily's table. He sat beside Emily on the bench. Poppy and Abi stared at him.
"Hi" Calum said more to Emily than too anyone.
"What do you want?" Emily asked slightly confused as too way he is sitting with them. The rest of the group of friends that didn't know about Calum and Emily were starting at them confused.
"I have practice tonight" Calum said facing Emily.
"Which kind?"
"Football"
Emily nodded before putting chocolate in her mouth.
"So do you wanna wait for me or shall we meet later?" Calum asked glancing around the table at the stares before back to Emily.
"Do you have your car?" Emily asked making Calum chuckle
"Yes"
"Then yeah I'll wait" Emily smiled at him.
"Alright well I'll see you in chemistry anyway" Calum said standing up and taking a piece of chocolate before walking away.
"Em I have a serious crush on your boyfriend" Poppy said dreamily.
Emily laughed before glancing over her shoulder at Calum walking back over to his friends.
"You didn't ask" Holly said.
"I'll do it in chemistry" Emily said as the bell rang for last period.
Holly and Emily walked side by side to Chemistry before sitting in their usual seats.
Calum and Michael strolled in late, as always and smelling of Cigarettes. Emily tried not to roll her eyes at the smell. She hated it, she really hated smoking. It was a huge turn off for her which is one of the many reasons why she was shocked that she had gotten this attracted to Calum.
Emily tapped her pen on her book as the teacher went on about hydration of ethene.
"Calum Hood" the teacher said calling out Calum who wasn't paying attention "at 300 degrees C and the 60 atmospheres, what will the concentrated formula be?"
Calum looked blankly at the teacher.
"H6PO8" Hannah calls out making the teacher look at her.
"Wrong" the teacher said.
"H3PO4" Emily called out making the teacher smile at her.
"At least someone pays attention so Emily is H2O is added to ethene to make ethanol what is that formula?"
"2H4 + H2O à C2H5OH" Emily answered making Holly screw her nose up at her.
"What the fuck" Holly whispered making Emily chuckle under her breath a little as the teacher went on.
Once the class work was set everyone began talking. Calum was walking around.
"Hood" Emily called making Calum come over automatically. 
"Em" he said sitting down.
"Is Holly invited to Jacks?" Emily said bluntly.
"And Poppy and Abs" Holly added.
"Yes" Calum said before smiling at Emily.
"What?" Emily asked laughing a little
"You guys are totally using me for these parties"
"Damn it Holls he worked us out" Emily whispered to Holly who laughed slightly.

**

Emily stood at the edge of the playing field watching Calum practice football. He was good and he looked good playing.
Lilly stood next to Emily suddenly.
"Hey" Lilly said quietly.
"Hey" Emily replied awkwardly
"Are you and Cal dating or something?" Lilly asked a little awkwardly because even though she was considered one of the popular girls, she wasn't as confident as her friends. She wasn't good at interacting with new people.
"Yeah are you and Luke?"
"Yeah but It isn't really a known fact" Lily said quietly making Emily nod understandingly.
"No neither is me and Calum" Emily smiled at Lily.
"I'm sorry for how Hannah treats you. She's jealous" Lily blurted making Emily look at her "like really jealous"
"Oh" Emily frowned smiling a little.
"Yeah ever since Calum made an effort with that chemistry project she was jealous" Lily shrugged
Emily frowned slightly

"what do you mean made an effort? He had to do it?"

Lily starred at Emily for a second "Calum never usually makes an effort with that kinda thing. That project was the only one he has ever actually helped out with"
Emily looked over at Calum in the field "You had an effect from the start" Lily said before remaining quiet. Emily watched Calum finish playing until he walks over too her all sweaty and stuff. Emily said bye to Lily before walking Next to a sweaty Calum.
"When is the game?" Emily asked as they got to the car.
"Next Monday" Calum replied slamming the boot down. Emily nodded before getting in. Calum got in and stated the car.
"You coming?" Calum asked as they pulled out of the school.
Emily looked over at him "do you want me there?"
Calum looked at her "why wouldn't i?"
Emily shrugged "yeah I'll come"

It was a short drive to Calum's house. Calum unlocked the front door and Emily followed him inside.
"I'm going to take a quick shower" Calum said dumping his football bag and school bag on the floor.
"Okay" Emily said walking over and sitting on his bed.
She laid on Calum's bed while he had a shower. She scrolled through her phone on the instagram app.

Calum came back in wearing some black jeans and a baggy tee. His hair was flat and wet.
He smiled as he walked in seeing Emily laying on his bed. He made his way to the other side of her before laying next to her and watching her scroll through her Twitter feed. Emily felt Calum's hand across her belly and his thumb rub on her hip as they laid in silence.
"Do you wanna order food?" Calum asked in a soft voice.
"I would love too" Emily smiled at him as he opened up his laptop to the dominoes page.
"Where's your parents?" Emily asked resting her chin on Calum's shoulder as she watched him order the pizza.
"Work" he mumbled. Emily kissed his shoulder before replying to a text that she got from Holly about Matt. Calum looked over at her in awe as he closed the laptop and waited for her attention.
"Why are you staring at me?" Emily asked as she placed her phone down on the side.
"Because you're hot af" Calum joked.
Emily smiled at him before rolling into his side and linking their fingers together.