2.6

Abi stood with Calum and Michael at the venue for their show. It was beginning to fill up but it wasn't busy.
"So you play bass?" Michael asked Abi who nodded.
"Well learning" she corrected which was a total lie.
"It's easy once you get used to it" Calum shrugged.
He had bad vibes about Abi and he didn't like mixing with her much but he also knew that she was Emily's close friend so he sucked it up.
"I could use with a teacher" Abi said looking at Calum expectedly.
"Cal" Michael said looking at him expectedly but also jokingly.
"I can recommend one" Calum said looking away from Abi's gaze. Calum noticed Emily walk in and his eyes lite up a little.
"I'll be back in a sec" Calum mumbled before walking to greet her.
Abi rolled her eyes and groaned a little when she noticed that Emily had walked in.
Michael let out a low chuckle "watch out anyone might think you were jealous of your best friend"
Abi turned her gaze to him "she isn't my best friend"
"What?" Michael frowned "but you're in her little group that follows her around"
"No Poppy is" Abi corrected making Michael smirk a little.
"So you aren't the biggest Emily fan?"
"defiantly not" Abi mumbled "neither are you so maybe we should make a club"
"I never said that I wasn't a fan"
"Oh come on Michael" Abi said with disbelief "you can see it in your eyes"
Calum and Emily came over hand in hand.
"Hey Abs" Emily smiled
"Hey" Abi replied an Michael tried not to laugh making Calum frown at him.
"We were just discussing that Calum was going to help Abi play bass" Michael said knowing that it would be a interesting conversation.
Emily frown at Abi "but you don't pla-"
"It's a new thing I haven't told anyone" Abi cut in making all three of them look at her.
"Boys" a man said from behind them signalling that Michael and Calum were needed.
Abi and Emily stood in silence.
"So since when do you even own a bass?" Emily asked looking at Abi who looked awkward and stayed silent "yep that's what I thought"
Abi stayed silent for a bit before saying "I'm just trying to get on with your boyfriend"
Emily shock her head at her "you don't need to"
"I'm your best friend that's what I'm supposed to do"
Emily scoffed a little "no Poppy is your best friend"
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"I know you don't like me" Emily shrugged.
"Well well well look who showed up to her boyfriends gig" Came a familiar voice. Emily turned to see Jake standing there smiling at Emily.
"I'm a supportive girlfriend" Emily winked at Jake who was now standing next to her.
"Who is" he asked pointing towards Abi
"This is Abi" Emily said Abi nodded at Jake and went back to looking at the people around them. Jake gave Emily a weird look before shrugging off Abi's rudest.
"So does he know you're here?" Jake asked
"He invited me"
"He invited me first" Abi said trying to make her feel better. Jake frowned at Abi in confusion before turning his attention back to Emily.
"Well that's good" Jake nodded "are you going to his to make sweet gentle love?"
Abi looked over at them as they laughed a little together.
"Does Calum even make love? Doesn't he just fuck?" Abi asked trying to keep her jealously on a low.
"He makes love to Emily because he loves her" Jake commented making Abi give him a hard stare.
Emily turned back to Jake and tried not to laugh at her obvious jealousy.
The show started and ended way to soon. Emily saw how much talent the boys had as a band and how serious they should be taken.
Once off stage and ready to leave Calum and Ashton came over to Emily and Abi. Jake had left just before insisting he had to be somewhere but Emily was convinced he was lying.
"Hey" Calum whispered to Emily taking her hand and coming closer to him.
"You were so good" Emily said smiling at him. Calum smiled at her and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.
Ashton and Abi watched them with jealousy raging inside of them both.
Calum lent in and kissed Emily lightly on the lips.
"Sorry for being an ass" Calum mumbled
"You're always an ass" Emily chuckled a little taking his hand in hers. They turned to face Ashton and Abi who didn't have time to avert their eyes in time.
"Guys party?" Michael asked coming up behind them.
"Yeah" Ashton nodded. Luke was now standing there.
"I'm so down for getting wasted" Ashton commented
"Cal?" Michael asked. Calum looked at Emily who was looking tired.
"Probably not" Calum shrugged. Michael looked at him
"But you said-"
"I know Mike" Calum cut in closing his eyes a little before he reopened them and looked at Michael who looked like he was about to rip his head off.
"Cal you can go to the party" Emily said softly making everyone look at her.
"Well you're master said you can go" Michael mumbled earning s slap from Ashton. Michael glared at Ashton, whilst rubbing his arm where he had been hit.
"We will come for a bit" Calum sighed. Michael nodded before being the first to leave. Ashton soon followed.
Luke turned to Calum "what's with Michael lately?" Luke asked
"Honestly I don't know" Calum sighed bringing one hand through his hair.
"Can I catch a ride with you guys?" Luke asked as they exited the building.
"Yeah" Emily smiled as she was the one driving. Luke thanked her and got into her car.
"So where am I driving to?" Emily asked as she slammed her door shut and looked over at Luke.
"Tyler stringing's house" Luke said looking down at his phone to reply to a text. Emily looked at Calum questioned who chuckled at her.
"Blackness road" Calum answered making Emily nod and put the car into gear.
They all sat in silence with the radio playing in the background.
"So Emily did you enjoy the show tonight?" Luke asked from the back trying to make best of out the awkward car journey.
"I did" Emily answered concentrating on the road more than a conversation with Luke.
"Maybe you should come to more" Luke suggested
"Maybe" Emily shrugged and looked over at Calum who look exhausted.
Emily slowed at a red light and looked at Calum properly.
"Are you sure you wanna go to this party?" Emily asked Calum who snapped out of his daydream.
"No but if I don't Michael will get pissed at me" Calum said rubbing over his face "we won't stay long"
"If I'm honest I think I'd rather go watch some Netflix with Lily" Luke sighed a little "but Michael would flip if we both didn't show"
"Maybe he doesn't like you guys having girlfriends" Emily shrugged
"I think you could be right". Luke agreed.
Emily turned the car into blackness road and drove a little down the hill until Calum told her to stop.
Luke unbuckled his seat beat and thanked Emily before getting out of the car pretty quickly.
"Are you sure you wanna go to this?" Calum questioned looking over at Emily in the dim lighting.
"I guess"
"Fifteen minutes?" Calum asked making Emily nod in agreement.
Calum and Emily walked into the party with Calum's arm around her waist. People moved a side from the glare that Calum had on his face.
"I'm going to say hi to Holly" Emily said quietly Calum nodded before making his way over to his band.
"So what is the trouble in paradise?" Luke asked as he opened the beer.
"The issue is that Calum is dating" Michael said smiling a little "he doesn't date"
Calum rolled his eyes at him before turning back to Luke.
"It isn't trouble in paradise, we're fine" Calum mumbled looking over at Emily as she hugged Holly "I just haven't had time for her"
"Yeah Lily said that the other day" Luke said
"Is Lily applying for college?" Calum question Frowning a little
"I think so, she's talked about it a lot but she isn't sure" Luke shrugged
"Emily is obviously going to college" Michael rolled his eyes and looked over at Emily.
"What college is she going to?" Ashton asked making Calum shrug
"I mean I knew she'd go but I didnt know she was even applying until today" Calum answered
"Well we haven't got any gigs for a while so you can fuck her then" Luke chuckled a little. Calum noticed Ashton tense up a little at the mention of Calum and Emily fucking.
Emily came over with Lily who was giggling at something Emily had said.
"Luke can we go?" Lily asked looking at Luke who nodded and finished his beer.
"I think we'll leave actually" Calum said looking down at Emily. Emily notice Michael roll his eyes at them all a little before chuckling to himself and drinking his beer.
"Well you guys go have fun being boring with your romantic films and sharing pizza" Michael said drunkly as he put his beer bottle down and stepped away from the group. "I'm going to go find a girl to fuck" and with that Michael stumbled away.
"Well" Ashton said "bye guys have fun"
"Bye Ash" Calum chuckled before guiding Emily out of the party.

*
Once back at Calum's Emily totally relaxed and laid on his bed.
Calum put his bass back on its stand before joining her on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and they laid in silence for a while before Calum decided that he should say sorry for being a bit of an arsehole.
"I'm sorry for earlier" Calum mumbled into her hair.
"It's fine" Emily said stroking his arm a little.
"What college are you considering?" Calum asked. He didn't know if he wanted to know the answer because he feared it would be far away.
"The one in LA is the best but I need more experience before I apply" Emily sighed slightly "and it depends on my mum"
"You can't put your life on hold on for her"
"I can when she won't be around for much more of my life" Emily said slightly sadly but Calum decided not to begin this argument and just leave it alone. He admired what Emily did for her mum but there were times when he thought it was a bit much to ask. Emily hadn't lived a proper teenage life before she met Calum.
"My mum wants to have dinner with you" Emily said randomly
"Just me?" Calum joked "like a date?"
"Yeah" Emily nodded
"So dinner with your family that sound serious" Calum said looking down at Emily.
"My family aren't serious" Emily mumbled slightly
"Apart from you" Calum joked making Emily elbow him in the ribs.
"You can come meet my nan tomorrow if you want" Emily suggested. Calum chuckled a little nervously "don't worry she's like my mum but a better"
"Oh fabulous" Calum said resting his chin on her head.
Emily moved around in Calum's arms to face him. Calum looked down at her.
"You look exhausted" he commented
"I am" Emily sighed "can we get under the covers?"
Calum nodded and untangled himself for her in order to get under the covers. Once under Calum re-tangled their bodies and eventually both falling asleep.