5.3

Emily sat in her room waiting for Calum to come over. It was now December 23rd. Calum and the had had been in England for the past 19 days getting the house sorted and getting all of their instruments out into the new house. Obviously, because of the time zone differences Emily and Calum had little communication but late night/early morning phone calls if how they managed to survive. Although the gradual distance would probably help with what was about to happen in the relationship.

Calum appeared in Emily's doorway dressed in a baggy T-shirt and jeans, a beanie covering his bed hair. He looked tired and jetlagged as he shuffled over to Emily on her bed.

"Hey" Emily smiled holding out her arms to hug him. Calum hugged her in the awkward position of him standing up and her sitting cross legged before he sat down.

"How are you?" Calum asked looking over at Emily as she tied her hair up into a bun.

"Not bad, You?" Emily asked looking up at him as she fiddled with the hairband.

"So sleepy" Calum said rubbing over his face. Emily smiled at him a little before they were put into a silence.

"How was England?" Emily questioned sitting back against the wall and looking at him.

"Cold" Calum nodded "But good, I'm excited"

"So when are you actually leaving?" Emily asked in a lower voice. Calum looked at her with sympathy in his eyes "Do not look at me like that" Emily said sternly.

"Like what?" Calum questioned in protest not noticing his natural reaction.

"With sympathy" Emily mumbled

"It's a reaction I can't help it" Calum laughed a little making Emily's mouth twitch into a smile.

"Answer my question" Emily said crossing her arms and looking at him.

"27th" Calum mumbled. Emily looked at him in confusion.

"Of December?" Emily asked making Calum nod "You said it was January" Emily mumbled

"I know but its the cheapest flights" Calum sighed rubbing the back of his head. Emily bit her lip and looked over at Calum.

"So where does that leave us?" Emily asked quietly. Calum looked around the room.

"Still sitting on your bed" Calum answered making Emily smile at him in disbelief.

"You're such a dork" She mutter making Calum smile at her.

"I guess that's better than your original thought of me" Calum commented with a shrugged.

"You're still a dick don't worry" Emily said patronizingly "But seriously"

Calum nodded sucking his tongue against his teeth.

"Wait" Emily said making Calum frown at her in confusion "I wanna give you these before we go any further"

"I thought we weren't doing presents" Calum sighed as she handed him three brown paper packages.

"You give me something last year, and for our one year" Emily said with a shrug. Calum rolled his eyes before sliding his finger under the first thin, rectangle package. Emily moved so she was next to him. Calum pulled out a notebook, a brown leather notebook with a button that closes it.

"I thought you're old one was getting messy and to start a career yo should go in with a clear mind and a clear note book" Emily said quietly as she lent on Calum's shoulder with her hand. Calum looked at her in awe.

"Did you put all this thought into all of these?" Calum asked making Emily smile at him and shrug. 

Calum picked up another rectangle, this one large in size and thickness. He undid the bow on the top before picking at the tape. He pulled out a photo album, scrapbook type book. Calum looked at Emily questioningly.