1.4

Emily and Holly sat down at breakfast the following morning.
They eat a bacon sandwich.
"So girls how was the party?" Rachel asked and standing at the table holding a mug of coffee.
"It was good" Emily nodded and Holly agreed.
"Well you aren't hungover" Rachel said looking between the two girls "and you came home pretty early"
"The walk was sobering" Holly shrugged as she bit into her bacon sandwich.
"And was Calum at this party?" Rachel asked pressing her lips together.
"I didn't know you told her about Calum" Holly frowned making Emily mentally groan and hit her head against the wall.
"Told me what about Calum?" Her mum asked smirking as Emily let out a huff at Holly who was chuckling an "oh she doesn't know"
"Nothing mum" Emily said
"Em I don't appreciate your lies" Rachel said sipping on her tea "what about you and Calum"
Emily remained silent and was staring at Holly.
"Holly, what about her and Calum?" Rachel said looking at Holly.
"They urm I think Em should tell you" Holly laughed slightly.
"We're dating" Emily sighed.
"I knew it!" Rachel shouted with glee "I told you he liked you"
"Yeah whatever" Emily laughed slightly.
"So you have a boyfriend now?" Her mum asked
"Who has a boyfriend?" Dave asked walking in carrying izzy.
"Em" Rachel smiled over at him.
"Who the hell would want to date her?"Tommy said as he swung a gym bag over his shoulder.
"Fuck off" Emily hissed earning a glare from her mum.
"Calum Hood" Holly said answering Tommy's question.
Tommy stared at Emily "you're dating Calum Hood?" He asked
"I am" Emily shrugged picking up her phone.

Holly left pretty soon after that conversation. She had a date with Matt and wanted more time to get ready than originally planned. Emily sat in her room alone when there was a knock at the door.
"Come in" she mumbled looking down at her phone and then up at the opened door.
Calum stood infront of her now closed door.
"Hey" she said softly looking at him. He didn't expect him to come over.
"Hi" Calum said walking over and sitting on the bed "you feeling better?" He asked.
"Yeah" Emily said quietly. She knew she should explain to him what happened.
"What was it about?" Calum asked. He was worried about her.
Emily took a deep breath "okay well when I was younger my parents were arguing.."

Emily sat at the top of the stairs. She held her knees to her chest as she hugged her legs. She rested her head against the railing as she watch her mum and dad argue in the kitchen. The lights were dim due to lack of money and the house had little lights anyway. It was pretty run down, old and the wallpaper torn. But they had a roof over their head, food, water and beds. That's all they really needed.

Emily jumped at the sound of smashing glass she opened her eyes that she didn't even know were closed and watched as her mother cried as she shouted at her father. The words were blocked out of Emily's mind. She was all too used to this environment. Her parents were young, and they were struggling. It was hard for young parents with little to none income to keep a child healthy when they had no idea how to look after them selves.

Emily sighed a little as she rested her chin on her knees. She had school tomorrow, and she knew she would be tired. She was only four but she understood.

Emily looked up at the sound of her mum's yelp. She saw her mum hunched over clutching her face and her dad panting in anger. Emily frowned and stood up. She toddled down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Em go back to bed" Emily's mum ordered as Emily appeared in the doorway.

"No" Emily said shaking her head. She watched as her father, who she adored, approach her. He grab a hold of her tiny arm tightly.

"Do as your told" Her father shouted as he dragged her towards the stairs. Emily's eyes brewed with tears as her father hurt her arm.

"Stop it your hurting her!" Rachel shouted following them out to the hall.

"Then she should listen" Her dad shrugged as he tossed Emily's small body onto the stairs. Emily swallowed the lump in her voice. "GO TO FUCKING BED!" he father roared making Emily scramble up the stairs and into her bedroom. She sat on the mattress on the floor and looked at her arm. From the street light outside Emily could see red marks on her arm and bruises forming.

Emily looked up at Calum after telling him the flashback.
"Em" Calum whispered starring at her with concern. Emily didn't say anything.
This was why Emily had a panic attack last night at the party. It set of a trigger in her. The grabbing, the nickname and shouting. It didn't help that Emily wasn't sober either.
Calum sat in front of Emily in silence.
"I'd rather not talk about it again" Emily said making Calum nod.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Calum asked.
"It's not something I like talking about"
"But if that didn't happen last night would you have told me?" Calum asked slightly annoyed.
"Of course" Emily hissed looking ️away from him. Calum closed his eyes and took s breath in before opening them again.
Emily laid down on the bed leaving Calum staring at her with sadness.
"Stop staring at me" Emily mumbled with her eyes closed. She wanted to nap and cry a little bit more.
"Do you want me to go?" Calum asked.
"No" Emily said "just come hold me" she whispered making Calum smile slightly as he laid down next to her. Calum wrapped his arms around Emily and rested his chin on her head.
"I promise I won't let anyone hurt you" Calum whispered making Emily smile.
"Who knew Calum Hood had a heart" She mumbled and it was like she was back from that dark place.
"That came from my liver" Calum said looking down at her as she looked up at him.
"You won't have one of those in a few years if you carry on drinking like you do" Emily resorted.
Calum chuckled at her "Okay it came from my stomach"
Emily stared at him slightly amused before kissing him softly.
"Okay"
Calum smiled down at her before reconnection their lips. Calum put his hand on Emily's cheek and the other held her hip as the kiss got more heated.