2.[Where Things Seem To Waver And Missiles Are Thrown]

For some reason i'm lazy with the updates, I guess I don't want the book to be over too soon, I don't want to spill tea too early....

[Phoebe-Two and a Half days later]

"How do I look sweetheart?" I asked her flattening my dress, standing in front of the mirror.

"Nice." She mumbled playing with her Baby Alives; casually beating the shit out of them when they 'allegedly' moved. I guess it was in her imagination.

"You like my hair?" I asked her and she nodded and continued with her conversation she was having with her dolls.

I smiled walking over to the bed picking up my purse. I was starting to miss the house at home. I couldn't sleep and now I was tired of staying in this hotel.

"Okay. I'll be back in 2 hours tops and then we can do whatever you want tonight."

She continued trying to braid the dolls hair. "You gonna see Daddy?" She asked and I nodded.

"Something like that. You remember when Daddy called yesterday?"

She nodded.

"Well I'm not gonna see him in the bad place we went to the other day. I'm gonna see him in the court room and we're going to see what the judge says and then Daddy's coming home." I smiled .

"Okay."

"Mhmm." I kissed her forehead. "So be good for Mom okay. And we will be back before you know it. I'm sorry you couldn't be there pumpkin."

She didn't say anything, she just continued nodded and looking at her brushes, before she tucked a paper into my purse. "That for daddy." Was all she said.

"Okay." I said feeling like she was dying to tell me, I hate that you're gradually taking my Daddy away from me. I didn't know how she felt. She was only about to become a first grader she couldn't possibly explain how she felt, I just had to gather what I could from her reactions.

I sat down in the courtroom, every second pulling the dress from around my belly. I was awaiting The judge and August since it was a closed hearing. August's Lawyer, Geoffrey said he negotiated with the judge on his own, which was some sort against the code I believed, but he was getting paid a lot of money to get August off and away from a crime he did not commit. It was worth the money.

August claimed he could easily pull 6 million but I knew he was just fronting on me. Trying to be a man's man. 6 Million dollars was roughly under August's current networth. He was just starting out in his musical journey. And he, me, and his management knew he had to seek some form of bargain or payment arrangement that he could afford.

He was almost denied bail, but Geoffrey seemed to have bargained that. Whoever conspired against August knew exactly what they were doing, because now was the worse time for a black man to be charged on drugs. Especially with Politicians assessing every case and trying to make examples of people using their inside hooks and links.

The possibilities were unthinkable.

The door opened and August walked inside with a guard behind him, in his grey onesie, and his hair looking a mess.

I smiled waving at him and he half smiled before he was spun around by the officer so he could sit down, and then we all had to stand for the judge to enter.

So much was going through my mind as the Prosecutor listed the charges against August. I was biting my nails.

"Alright that's enough Mr.Daniel." He stopped the prosecutor . "Mr.Alsina I'd like to hear from you. Yourself." He said and my eyes widened. He was actually giving him a chance to explain himself.