10.[Where Things Intensify And This Pink Matter Is Undetermined]

[Phoebe...Continued]

Y'all see Phe so cute pregnant. I'm still mad asf, she made her Instagram Private , but anyway, enjoy.

Averie walked off of the stage, passing through tons of men who often touch her arm or grabbed her wrist , flirting with her, making me very upset. Who do they think they are touching on my Mommy like that?

"You were amazing up there." This older guy, probably around her age said to her holding her hand and I cringed, moving from behind the booth Bambi and I were at, marching over there.

"Ehem Can you get your hands off of my Mother before I have to beat that ass? Wh-who are you?" I asked him. "Who is this guy Mom?"

She chuckled. "Summer, baby. It's just Raymond, he owns the place sweetie."

I eyed him from head to toe and he smiled pulling his hand away from Mom's. "I apologize then , You can call me Ray."He smiled.

"Raymond it is, come here Mommy."

She waved to him while I pulled her away to the booth. "You lied to me Mom, why didn't you tell me this was where you were going all the time?"

She suddenly looked embarrassed , stuttering playing with her fingers. Remind you of anyone?

"I-I don't know. I was afraid of what you'd think. I have been going to church! That part is true, but lately I've really been missing your father, so I come here and sing for him. Makes me feel better. I was going to tell you."

I softened. "Don't keep anything from me Mom. Meredith did that to me for almost 20 years please don't start."

She nodded quickly. "Okay I won't sweetie."

"And you're hiding all that talent! Oh my God Mom, you were amazing. Just breathtaking. Why didn't you tell me you can sing?" I push her shoulder. "You're voice is like liquid gold. I loved it. Daddy would too." I smiled.

"So...you're not mad."

"Oh, no. I'm mad, but I can't stay mad for long." I smiled hugging her for a few.

"Who's your friend?" She ask pulling away from the hug.

"This is Bambi Mom." We walked further into the booth.

"She's....very friendly. I'm sure you'll like her."

"Hi!" Bambi said.

"Hello." Mom said shaking her hand.

"Wow you can really perform. You were great." She said complimenting Mom.

"Thank You."

I smiled looking over at the Men staring over here, like hungry dogs.

"Mom, you need to never wear these type of clothes again. I forbid you." I said sternly.

"What's wrong with it?"She asked while Bambi and I prepared to go.

"Too revealing, next thing you know your navel will be pierced and I can't have that. You got any frocks, maybe down to your ankles would be best." I said and she took over with laughter.

"Girl I am grown." She said pulling away from me heading back over to 'Raymond'.

[August , In Prison A Week Later]

"Aye, why you ain't come outside in the yard yesterday. You should have seen me swerving and curving all these niggas on the court. I felt like Iverson." He said imitating swishing a ball.