32.[Where Things Get So Blue You Would've Thought She Was Cripping]

Excuse errors.
[Phoebe]

"Uh...Mom can I talk to you for a second?" I interrupted her clouded eyes and over zealous reaction,not even waiting for her to hold his hand or respond to him as yet.

I stood up , walking to the other end of the table tugging her around the corner.

"Summer hun--- what are you doing? The man is in the next room on bended knee."

"Mommy, are you kidding me?" I asked in a whisper. "You can't marry him."

She folded her arms just staring at me. "And why not?"

"Because I just fricking met him, hell you just met him what 40 days and 40 nights ago?" I scoffed.

"Don't you get disrespectful with me. Have some respect and I am your mother, you aren't mine."

"That's the point Mom. You haven't been being a Mom to me lately. I hardly ever see you since this man came around, and now you're about to just up and marry him?"

She frowned. "I'm sorry honey, but you know how it is when a man woos you and changes your whole take on life in a matter of months. I'm sure when you met August you couldn't control how you felt about him." She sighed touching my hair. "But knowing you, you probably tried to control your feelings or for better word deny."

I furrowed my brows, taken aback with her. "What are you trying to say Mom? I--I don't even feel like i'm talking to you right now. I feel like i'm talking to Meredith."

"Summer come on.."

"No Mom,You weren't there for almost 25 years of my life. I never knew you, I barely knew of you and Daddy's already left me, and now you're leaving me too?" I spoke shaking my head.

"Summer, you know how much----

"Averie Darling?" Ray called out to her and  I caught myself rolling my eyes.

"Mom if you agree to marry him, don't even think about coming around the house anymore."

"Summer you're being ridiculous right now a--and I can't promise you that I won't."

"What has gotten into you? What is wrong-----

"Averie?"

I shook my head, heading towards the front door.

[The Next Morning at School]

"Class let's settle down. Please?" It's almost as if I was asking them to be quiet when I should be telling them. The mood I was in I really didn't care what they did. I know the kids were supposed to come home from August's tonight and truth was I missed waking up to them for those few days, especially since my mother had made it very clear to me how important I was to her.

 August hadn't called or anything to ask for help with Summer I hope he managed alright. I didn't want to call and make him feel like I thought he didn't know what he was doing. I wanted them to bond on their own .

After I walked out, she never even called me back or came home last night. That's how I knew what decision she made when she didn't come home. I didn't think it was possible to be abandoned twice, but it seems I had proven myself wrong.

Of course I wanted Mommy to be happy and I understood that without Daddy she felt lonely and like her life had no meaning, but am I wrong for wanting what's best for her? She's acting desperate, she doesn't even know this guy. And here I was talking about what was best for her when I didn't even know what was best for me.

Since the entire episode of Aug and I's break up I have been painting and exercising at the gym to help keep my mind off of it. Plus since I took this job I haven't really had time to think about it since the students demand so much from me. But it was like I was slowly beginning to wonder what if?.... About everything.