43.[Where He is Tired of Being on the Outside of their Love]

August

The Next Morning

"Kaitlyn baybeh you gotta let Brent take you to school. Phoebe still sleeping." I said to her. She was so angry at Brent about what had happened to Clemisol that she refused to speak to him, let him take her anywhere,  yet alone make eye contact. She was barely speaking to me.

"He's not taking me anywhere." She mumbled.

"Kay Kay , I'm so sorry. I didn't kill him, I swear. " Brent sighed, exhaustively. "I'm gonna prove it to you."

"I can't take you baby girl I gotta go to the studio when Phe gets up and Summer is already awake." I pleaded.

"Fine Daddy.." She said and I smiled, kissing her cheek and packed her lunch in her bag as she followed Brent to the door.

"I love you." I said and she slightly smiled mumbling love you as they left.

I put all the dishes in the sink and looked over at Summer drooling all over my phone, which I swore was vibrating. "Girl gimme this." I laughed taking it out of her mouth looking at the screen,when I saw my Momma calling.

"Wassup Ma?" I questioned nervously.

"I'm just calling to update you baby, relax." She said as she yawned.

"Did you even go back to the hotel last night Momma? You sound tired as hell."

"Yeah, I did but really late. Sneak just couldn't get comfortable, he was in a lot of pain so they gave him more pain medicine and it knocked him out so he's still sleeping. We're leaving tomorrow but they just asked me to sign him out of the hospital. Did you already pay for the house nurse Aug?" She asked.

"I already handled all of that as soon as I got up today. She'll be at your house tomorrow and as he gets better we can get him into the physical therapy center in the city." I said, while taking Summer out of her high chair.

"Okay great baby, thank you. I know it's best we look after him because if we leave him here, he'll just get depressed and I don't want that, he's like a son to me ya know.." She said sadly.

"I know Momma, he gonna be straight. I'm back at the house now."

"Really, you and Phoebe make up?" She asked anxiously.

I scratched the back of my neck, sitting Summer on the counter. "Shiddd, I hope so. We talked last night and I think she's ready for me to come home."

"Well I think it's bout time, I know now that you guys love each otha. So I hope she's open to doing the work. God knows relationships not easy." She encouraged, it was strange hearing her say that.

"Well I hope." I replied and I heard Phe coming down the stairs. "I'mma hit you back later Momma, love you."

"I love you too son." 

Phoebe

"Good Morning.." I said while smiling momentarily, closing my robe.

He smiled turning off the stove, gently kissing my lips. "Good Morning beautiful."  

I pushed my hair behind my ear, slightly rolling my eyes at him. "I look terrible and why do you have Summer's bare butt on the counter." I questioned as she just stared at me with no pamper under her dress.

"Shit I forgot to put one on her. When I was making Kay breakfast." 

"August, you made Kaitlyn cereal." I chuckled looking down at her bowl. "I see why they like to be around you because you just let them roam free and eat what they want."