42.[Where She Is and Has Always Been His Crème De La Crème]

Phoebe| A Couple Days Later at School

"I know you guys are anxious, as your entry exams are only a few weeks away, but I am beyond confident in you guys." I smiled , looking around the classroom.

"You really think we're gonna pass?" My student asked me.

I folded my arms, approaching her. "Think? Oh no baby I know, and you have to know too or else you don't have a shot. The moment you feel that doubt rising in the back of your mind, you have to still your spirit and focus. You don't do great by hoping you'll do great but by doing the work to be great."

She nodded. "You're the one in control of your destiny. You're the one in control of where you'll be this time so next semester, and I know you don't wanna be here with me again." I laughed and the bell rang.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"No you won't the principal said they cancelled school tomorrow because of the storm." Angus said.

"What storm?" I asked, completely unaware.

"There's a thunderstorm headed this way tonight." He reassured me, before walking through the door. "And you supposed to be the one telling us that, don't you look at the news Ms. Summer?" He shook his head before he walked off again.

"But since when does Cali have Thunderstorms? There's storms and hurricanes all over the damn place all of a sudden, and it's not even hurricane season as yet." I mumbled to myself, gathering my stuff to head home.

I was on my own tonight with the kids, as August hadn't come back from New Orleans yet and surprisingly enough, Brent had asked for three days off. Something he never did, especially when August wasn't around. I didn't tell August because I felt like I owed that to Brent and August would get all worked up over the man wanting to spend time with his family. He said he wanted to see his mother so of course I said yes, I couldn't say it fast enough.

I tried calling Bambi but she hadn't called me back or responded to my texts in a few days. I guess the things I said kind of spooked her, or maybe made her think about what she was getting into differently. It was the truth, I had no intentions of trying to scare her about Heather. Heather was just a wild bitch, I can't control what she's done or does, and Bambi needed to know that instead of being blind sided incase anything happens between her and Brent again, because she is that unpredictable.

"Hey Girl, Bunny and Chavez said you haven't returned their calls either so at least I know it's not something I said to you. I miss you Bam, I was hoping you would come over tonight. I'll make brownies from scratch. Call me." I said before locking my phone . That was the third voicemail in two days.

I had been ducking and dodging calls from Deshawn like he was the IRS.  I literally didn't know what to say to him.  I liked him, but I'd be lying if I said there was a spark between. He was sweet, funny but I was afraid he of just that. I didn't want to bring him into my chaotic love triangle with Aug because he doesn't deserve that. The lies, me misleading him when I know I can't seriously see a future with him and I, especially with me still being caught up with Aug.

Right at the instance that you met a guy, you don't know what he'll mean to you because let's face it we're never our true selves on the first few encounters or dates. Then overthinking as girls do,  you just happen to take it a step further and picture how your babies would look with them, and before you know it you think you're in love.

No matter what guys I date, or go with I never think of that stuff with them. Only August. It's always been him, and that's why I don't want to be that girl that involves other men, and gets in too deep when I'm still unemotionally available. It's not fair.