23.[Where Scars Are Oiled And A Man Becomes A Man, For Now]

Here's my last update of 2015,hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I enjoy writing it. May be the last one for a while. Excuse errors.

[Phoebe-The first week in April In New Orleans]

"Look at that!" Kaitlyn said tapping my shoulder and I nodded smiling with her.

"Pretty huh."

"Mhmm..." She mumbled with her face glued to the glass.

I turned to Mom as she continued her baby talk to Summer. She seemed so nervous these past days in New Orleans. I mean I knew that she was going to be nervous to meet her Mom after all these years of rejection, but I didn't think she'd be this nervous. We were now 4 days deep into our trip to New Orleans and Mom kept putting everything off, Dad's remainders ceremony and going to the elderly home.

So we were forced to have fun of course, and I loved this getaway from my situation at home. Ironically enough the tables had turned and August had been calling me everynight, claiming he wanted to facetime with Kaitlyn and Summer, and maybe that was his intention but then he stayed on the phone with me for hours talking about absolutely nothing.

Part of me misses the shit out of him, because you know we just go together. I want to just cave and show him my weaker side and tell him that I miss him. But the other part is holding out so that he can see that he was being a little boy controlled by his ego and not a man. This entire time, he could've just be mad at me and sleep in the guest bedroom instead of deserting his children and not coming home at all.

"Mom you Okay?" I asked her and she looked at me while Summer tried to reach for her face.

"Yeah...I'm fine Honey. Just nervous to see her after all this time. "

"You think she's still mad at you for getting Pregnant with me?" I asked. "I mean it's been nearly 30 years Mom..."

She sighed. "She's the type to hold grudges honey." She said kind of sadly.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. "I remember when I was little like Kaitlyn. That was when your grandfather was on drugs and stuff." She cleared her throat. "We were really struggling and I was so hungry Summer. And I had a few jingles I thought...hey why not buy something nice for myself before I got home. I forget that I was supposed to give that money to her and when I got home and explained to her, man she never forgave me for that. She always threw it in my face."

I frowned , now discouraged to meet her. I still had a lot of things to learn about my family. "Bt that was so simple, why would she hold onto that Mom?"

"She was so bitter back then. Angry about Daddy I guess. Took out her frustrations on me she put so much pressure on me to be somebody and I ended up pregnant." She sniffed, handing Summer over to me. "And I always felt like I let her down."

"Aww Mom. You didn't. Don't say that. I'm sure you're just over thinking. She's probably going to be so happy you came to see her." I tried to cheer her up handing her a tissue.

"We're here." Kaitlyn said as the driver parked the car outside the home and Mom looked outside the window like she was scared.

"Maybe today isn't a good day." She tried to make excuses but I took Summer's baby bag out of her lap, opening the car door.

"Come on Mommy, no more stalling we've been stalling for four days."

She sighed and I helped Kaitlyn get out of the car fixing Summer's dress.

"I'll be back in exactly an hour." The driver said and I smiled nodding at him.

"Thank you. Come on Mom." I said to her as she slowly walked behind us.