38.[Where She Believes This Is The Start of Nothing]

Hello Guys! I know you must hate me and my delayed updates. I know. I'm trying to update more often so that this book can come to an end and we can start Kaitlyn's Spinoff. Excuse my errors and I love you guys. I'm soon going to be more public on Social Media, probably add you all on my snapchat.

XOXOXO

Phoebe

Later that same Day

"Kaitlyn, who does that,?" I asked her as I cringed at the way she was eating her pizza.

"It tastes so good when you eat it like this." She placed fries onto her pepperoni pizza folded it together then proceeded to dipping it in ranch dressing.

"You and the toilet are going to be serious friends tonight." I said to her as I smoothed down my jeans and looked at myself in the mirror before I grabbed my purse .

"Oh no, you aren't getting any of that junk Kaitlyn is eating so stop drooling." I said to Summer as I lifted her up off of her play mat she was lying on so that I could take her to Brent.

Kaitlyn laughed. "I see her watching me eat it for like 5 minutes."

"Please do not give her any, the last time you guys let her eat those cheese fries she had such an upset stomach for like three days." I warned , as I headed down the stairs.

"So where you and Daddy going?" Kay asked trotting behind me.

"Your father is so extra, I don't even know. Matter of fact where is he? Wasn't he just here?" Iasked her and Brent both as I gave Summer over to him.

"Yeah he said he had to get something real quick."

"Was he dressed?"

Before he could even reply to me August's horn blew.

I shook my head. "So extra, as if we don't stay in the same house....bye you guys. Be back in the next few hours." I said kissing Summer, and touching Kaitlyn's hair.

I opened the door heading to August's truck when I saw him leaning up against it.

I chuckled, fixing my bag over my shoulder. "August what are you doing?"

He smiled. "Being a gentlemen.....You look beautiful as fuck." He mumbled shortly after.

"Yeah those are definitely words of a gentleman, thank you." I smirked as he opened the door for me.

We got in, and before I knew it we were driving, like together. In the same car. Months ago I didn't even want August 5 feet away from me, now we were driving in the same car. Time, the healer of all healers.

The ride was so silent, but not awkward silence. More so like refreshing silence. He played songs, softly on the radio and we lowkey sang along to the songs together. Most of the ride I stared out of the window, but I could feel him staring at me from time to time whenever we would come to a stoplight or something.

I looked up as he pulled up at a comedy club and lounge, and I saw on the billboard outside that Karlous Miller was the opening act for tonight.

"Oh my God..." I smiled as I unfastened my seatbelt. "I literally haven't been to one of these since I was in New Orleans, and I wasn't even allowed to go there. My mom would kill me if she knew about that then."

August smiled as he unlocked the doors. "You used to go with Roscoe?"

My brows rose in utter and complete shock. "Yeah, like twice." I said startled at his sudden maturity.

He licked his lips. "Yeh' figured you'd like it. Let's go." He said, as I grabbed my purse and walked around the front of the truck to him.

Before we could even get close to the building you could hear the girls calling out to him, and the random guys acting like they had been friends with him for centuries. I subtle rolled my eyes as we passed through the VIP entrance and was taken-aback when he slid his palm into mine, leading the way.