31.[Where Things Get Antsy And You Can't Win If You Ain't Right Within]

Excuse Errors!💜

[Phoebe—At her First Monday at her New Job]

"Daddy said that he was going to pick you up today Kay, you and Summer are spending a few days with him." I reminded her as she argued with me.

"But why? Why Daddy can't just come over?"

I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt turning around to her. "Honey, Daddy just wants to spend time with you and your sister alone. And I already explained to you that Daddy and I are just going through something right now...you know?"

She played with the fluffy keychain on her bag. "Y'all broken up aren't you?" She asked and I groaned.

"Kinda...Sorta." I touched her cheek with the back of my fingers. "Daddy and I are kinda like old strangers. We know each other but ....we don't. So it's like we have to get to know each other all over again in order for Mommy to feel the same about daddy again. Understand?"

"But...what that mean?"

"It means that Mommy loves Daddy very much, but she's not in love with him, for the time being... It's hard to explain baby girl, I wish I could." I frowned as I could see she was trying to get it.

"Well okay. I a' go by Daddy then."

I smiled. "Good cause you know he misses his pumpkin, he said that he was gonna take you guys shopping then, he would take you guys for frozen yogurt."

"Really?" She asked so enthusiastically.

"Mhmm." I said assuring her. "So he's going to come by and get you today until Thursday."

"Okay." She agreed and her school bell rang as she was clearly making me late.

"Ok Bye Bye." I said and she fixed her back pack on her shoulder kissing my cheek before she waved to Summer.

"Say bye bye Summer." She just stared at me of course, holding her hands together in the most reserved way.

I chuckled. "You think you're grown missy."

After I took Summer to my Mom's(Meredith), I started becoming nervous as ever. This would be a new chapter in my life. Here I was writing my book daily and this part was special to me because I was getting to do what I loved all over again, this time hopefully without any hindrances. Because I can't imagine becoming so attached to a group of children again, only to be torn from them again.

I wrote my name on the chalk board as the second bell rung and they all flooded the classroom, talking so loudly. I was so excited.

"Hello." I said , but apparently not loudly enough.

"Okay, settle down. H-hi Hi, yes you sit please." I smiled and she just looked at me like I was insane walking to the very back of the class.

It was like I was invisible. It was slowly approaching the end of the school year for them and here they were getting a new teacher who they could care less about.

"Excuse me!" I shouted, fixing my skirt and they all spun around in their seats looking at me.

"Miss. Fo-bee?" One of the boys said, as he scoffed causing an uproar in amongst the students.

"No sweetie it's Miss Phoebe. It's pronounced Fee-Bee."

"That's a stupid name." He said bluntly and I gasped with his sudden rudeness.

"And that's a stupid hat, but I kept that opinion to myself." I replied, walking past him, causing slight chuckles in the class. "Do me a favour and take it off." I smiled, taking it off his head.