40.[Where She knows that Deep down, the Feeling still Deep down is, Good]

I know you all hate me by now with the hiatuses and irregular updates. So here's a gift, which you will be getting more of. I digress.
Enjoy.❤️

Phoebe
[Hours Later]

"August, we've been driving around for an hour now. You have to talk to me." I said towards him as he just continued to look so lost.

"I honestly don't know what to say to you Phe. The words used to just come out, now I'm afraid you gonna judge me."

My eyes instantly grew so sad. " I mean I know we've been through a hell of a lot and maybe yes, because the trust is a little on the raggedy side right now, I can understand why you feel like that , but this is about Sneak, not us."

He smiled, turning the corner as he entered McDonald's drive thru. "That's what you don't get baby, every time I fuck up and hurt you it fucks everything surrounding us. Once we ain't good I'm never good. "

"So because we're not on good terms Sneak got shot?" I asked confused by his logic.

He rolled down his window. "No, because we're not seeing eye to eye the energy in the universe is fucked. Basically what I'm saying is, when it rains it pours." He said.

I slowly nodded and looked out of the window. When did August start believing in the universe as his higher being? Or maybe he just meant it meaning spiritually.

"Yeah, let me get one small and one large fries, a Mcflurry----

"I'm sorry but our Ice-cream Machine isn't working sir.."

I chuckled, watching August get frustrated. "Yeah, yeah it ain't never working , aight scratch the Mcflurry, two Cheese burgers ,an apple pie , a water for me and a apple juice  heavy on the ice."

"Why are you only bought one...we really not about to be  sharing the apple pie though, I can't share those..." I murmured.

He laughed. "You greedy as hell girl I ordered it for you anyway. "

I smiled, as he got the food from the cashier and drive off. "I see you still got it tho, this girl nearly screamed her head off when she saw you. That never gets old. "

"They dead be crazy sometimes tho, the flash on her phone nearly blind a nigga. " He chuckled and I laughed along with him.

He parked near an open football stadium and we just sat there and ate in silence, until I tried to get something out of him since he was the one that dragged me here after all. "Why do you think he got shot Aug?"

He pushed a few fries into his mouth before he spoke. " Niggas just don't like Sneak. Or as I should put it, he's so likable to bitches, niggas hate him for no reason. If I know him correctly he don't sell no bad weed, or owe nobody nothing so its most likely some hater shit."

"Oh, I get it. Gangs. So are you going to New Orleans? You have to ,to be honest. That's your favourite cousin. "

"That's the thing it happened in Atlanta.." He said.

"Woah, we haven't been back home there in months. "

"I know, after all of that shit with Malcolm and Heather."

"Brent said that Heather went back to New Orleans and left the baby with his mother in Philadelphia, can you believe that?"

"Yeah, she's crazy what you expect.."

"I guess so. "

"Imma go tho. I'mma go tomorrow morning. "

"Great, I'm sure he'll be okay, if I remember him he's super strong and I just know he's not gonna go down that easy. Maybe you can move him out of Atlanta from around those people after he gets better...". I encouraged. I took this opportunity to tell him that I would be going on a girl's trip in a short week from now. I Had taken my friends approach on life and for once was doing things on a whim. I put in for a 5 day Vacation at my job and I need Summer and Kailtyn to stay with him until I got back. Or my Mom even though I still wasn't on the best terms with her, which ever was workable.