Birds of a Feather Flock Together

"Thank you for walking me back, (Y/N)!" Hide grinned as the two of you strolled side-by-side through the park, on the way to his home.

"Its alright-" you stopped when you caught something familiar in the corner of your eye but shrugged it off, "-I'm not busy today, anyways."

After a few moments of quiet walking, the blond spoke up once more, "Are you a ghoul, (Y/N)?" You froze; why'd he ask that sudden question? "Like Kaneki and the others at Anteiku, are you a ghoul as well?"

"No, I'm not but I've been living with them for as long as I can remember..." You replied nervously, wanting to ask him a question yourself but not finding the courage to. Hide looked at you and smiled.

"Don't worry, (Y/N), I won't tell anyone, I promise... We're birds of a feather, (Y/N)," You blushed when you just realised how handsome he was when he smiled, "and we'll flock together; we'll keep their secret safe."

You felt a grin forcing itself onto your face and your heart relaxed extremely, "thank you, Hide-kun."
--
Oh man, not another one. Mister-Eyepatch was already bad enough to but now this guy? This human? "Why do you make my life so hard for me, (Y/N)?" Ayato groaned as he ran his fingers through his hair in a rough manner, accidentally pulling out a few strands in the process.

"Ayato," a dainty voice called out from behind him, "if you love her, just tell her~ the ghouls in Aogiri won't kill her since she'll be yours, you know~ you have nothing to lose~" Eto said, sitting beside the purple-haired ghoul.

"I have no problems keeping her alive if number one, she wasn't going to join the CCG and number two, if she didn't always get herself in trouble without realising it... And I do have something to lose if I tell her..." He sighed.

"What is it~?" Eto inched closer to him, "tell me, Ayato. I need to know."

"She might not l-like me back..."
--
A high pitched laugh ripped through the air, "what was that?" Hide stopped and looked around him so as you but to no avail, and so you two carried on walking; totally unaware of Ayato turning as red as a tomato and Eto laughing her socks off.