The Place I Once Called Home

"Anteiku?!" You cried. No. It's impossible. They couldn't have known. No. I have to stop them. But I can't. They won't listen to me.

"Yes, looking at how well you're coping with your new ability, we could use your help with the raid." Arima said calmly. "Is there a problem, (Y/N)?"

"N-no... I just can't believe that they're all ghouls! I used to go there all the time." You lied smoothly, erasing any suspicion he had of you and the coffee shop.
--
Needless to say, after the procedure, you felt different. Your entire being felt stronger and a little bit strange. After the doctor told you that you were ready to use your kagune, you rushed home.

"Evening, (Y/N)-" Ayato greeted only to be cut off midway by you running past him into the toilet. "What the hell." He mumbled before following you.
--
You stood, fists clenching and eyes glued onto the mirror before trying your best to activate your kagune. C'mon, (Y/N), do it. Do it. An odd ripping sensation ran down your spine as your right eye burned ever so slightly. Before you knew it, you were looking at a pair of red and purple flame-shaped crystals protruding from your back.

"You stole my design." Ayato commented as he looked in from the door.

"They look more like Touka's, if you ask me, Aya-kun." You laughed; you felt amazing, like you're finally part of the family you grew up in. The home that was to be soon destroyed.

"Bullshit." He mumbled before grabbing you by the shoulders and slamming his lips against yours. He kissed you like he never did before.

Actually, it's alright. As long as my family members are safe, nothing has changed.