Attack on Cochlea

Who would've expected you not to participate in the Cochlea battle, since you'd exposed it in the first place. That night, after you prayed for everyone to make it back alive, you laid on the operation table.

"Are you ready, Miss (L/N)?" Ready to become a half-ghoul, the first of CCG's Quinx? Hell yes.
--
Dear lord the fear you felt at the moment was a feeling you never knew. Ayato was extremely pissed.

"YOU JUST AGREED TO BE THEIR GUINEA PIG?"

"I'm not a Guinea pig, Ayato, they've already proven that this procedure is 100% safe."

"Well, how'll they know? Since the first person they're going to do the procedure on hasn't even done it yet!"

"Ayato, why're you so worried?"

He froze. Eyes widening and face burning up. Why am I so worried?

His heart raced like never before with anxiety and embarrassment for shouting like that. "I..."

"It's okay, Aya-kun," you cooed, launching yourself into his embrace. "I like it when you're worried..."
--
Moments before you lost consciousness on the operating table, the last conversation you had with him flowed through your mind...

"Aya-kun, should I get a Ukaku or Binkaku?"

"A Ukaku, of course," he replied, "like mine." He added in a whisper, thinking you couldn't hear him.

A smile stretched across your face, "okay."

After a while of laying on your bed together, he mentioned, "(Y/N), what would you do if I died in battle tomorrow? Not that I will, but what if?"

You didn't want to answer him, so you pretended to be asleep; hoping he'll let it go.

Now that you weren't with him, you wished you had answered his question.