Conflicting Emotions

It was a few hours after the failed pursue of Torso and the fight with Serpent, it was night time and the Quinx were all sleeping. You'd requested the next few days off for the Quinx for them to rest.
--
You checked your phone while laying in bed in your pyjamas.

Otaya: tch
You: hello, I'm not dead
Otaya: finally, I thought you were never going to reply
You: were you worried?
Otaya: of course not
You: oh
Otaya: you should be tired, go sleep
You: okay, goodnight
Otaya: night

You hadn't seen in him a long while since your work'd been extremely hectic and his position at Aogiri made him pretty busy, too.

You placed your phone on your bedside table before closing your eyes, trying to go to sleep.
--
You were half-asleep when the door opened, you blinked and saw Haise standing by the door.

"Haise?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes, "what's wrong?"

He didn't reply; he simply walked over to your bed and laid down beside you. He was shaking a little.

Why's he so affected by the battle? Did something happen in his head while he was rampaging? You thought but didn't ask, he didn't look ready to answer anyways. So, you draped the blanket over him and pulled him closer. He tucked his head under your chin and wrapped his arms around your middle. You placed one hand behind his head, holding him and the other you just laid across his body.

You'd never seen him so shaken before.
--
The next morning, the Quinx stayed home, just doing their own thing in the living room when Mutsuki piped up. "Where's (Y/N) and Sasaki-san?"

That question immediately caught everyone's interest. "I didn't see Haise in his room and (Y/N)'s door is closed," Shirazu said, "maybe Haise left this morning and (Y/N)'s still sleeping."

"Or," Saiko continued, "Haise is sleeping with (Y/N)," a smirk tugged at her lips. Everyone's heads dramatically turned to face your room, then turned back to face one another, they nodded at the same time, knowing that everyone was thinking of the same thing.
--
The door opened a peek, and a collective gasp woke both you and Haise up. The Quinx's eyes were wide open when they spotted Haise in your bed with you.

"Who's there?" Haise groaned, still half-asleep, as he shifted position, pulling you closer to him.

"SCATTER!" Urie shouted as he shut the door, the Qs running away in different directions.
--
It was evening and the entire day was extremely awkward. You and Haise acted like normal whereas the rest of the team constantly tried to catch you and Haise doing something not normal.

Then, after dinner, you called for a team meeting. It was decided that Urie's position of team leader would be given to Shirazu, much to Urie's dismay. He stormed off to his room after hearing the decision, but not before calling Haise a ghoul in a mocking manner. The latter wasn't upset but just visibly tired of his attitude.
--
It wasn't long before night came and everyone retreated to their bedrooms; you didn't realise but you'd subconsciously been waiting for Haise to return and sleep beside you like he did the night before.

Haise, on the other hand, was standing outside your door calming himself down, last night he'd entered your room in a half-conscious state but tonight he was totally aware of what he was doing. His determination increased when he thought about how he could sense that you were beginning to have feelings for him, and that sleeping in the same bed as you would help his chances of winning you over.

He knocked on the door and entered, shutting it softly behind him.
--
This continued every night.