Life-Changing Decisions (Pt 1)

(Just a little author's note before proceeding~ this chapter and the next will be sort of a "filler" to push the story forward to the time around Tokyo Ghoul Root A to TG:Re)
--
As you laid in the bed of your new apartment, you wondered about all the things that had happened so fast the past year...

You'd met Hinami and her mother who was brutally killed by some CCG investigator called Mado. The tragic incident made you think twice about joining the CCG but it didn't change your decision...

Kaneki, who you'd grown very close to was kidnapped by Aogiri and tortured to the point where his hair turned white; the day he was taken away was also the day you saw your childhood love again...
--
You were simply reading a book when you heard a commotion downstairs. You assumed it to be some rowdy customers and went down, making no effort to conceal your presence in the building.

Touka cursed to herself when the door swung open and you stood there, vulnerable to the most dangerous ghouls in the ward. "What's happen-" you began but choked on your words when you saw the mess, the blood splattered all over the place and some ghouls who you recognised were from Aogiri.

"Should we kill her?" A tall, large sized one said to a familiar purple haired make but you couldn't care at the moment as you'd almost fainted when you noticed that he was holding Kaneki by the collar in one hand.

"No!" Ayato said almost too quickly, he growled at how his chest felt constricted when he looked at you. "She's harmless, I'll just tie her up somewhere so she can't run for now, at least."

"Whatever you say," the large ghoul replied, a sadistic smile stretched across his face, "I have my toy now anyways, you can keep her."
--
"Just follow me..." Ayato whispered softly enough so that Mister Sadist, who was beating Kaneki to a pulp behind the two of you, couldn't hear him. Tears streamed down your face as your entire being was crippled with fear and worry. 'Please... Please don't kill them. Please...'

Ayato grabbed your arm and yanked you upstairs, he tossed you into your room before shutting the door and locking it. You scrambled away from him and cowered in the corner, 'he's going to kill me, isn't he? Aya-kun's gonna kill me... He's going to ki-'

"Why're you hiding, baka?" He pulled you up, much gentler than he was when he brought you to your room. "Don't be scared of me, (Y/N)... I-I won't hurt you, I swear."

"Really?" You choked out, tears still flowing uncontrollably despite your fear ebbing away. His face flushed red and he didn't know how to reply you with words so he simply pulled you closer to him, arm snaking around your waist. He looked at your face and felt his heart beating painfully fast. 'Oh my (Y/N), how you've grown.'

You felt your own cheeks warming up when he held you so close to him, you felt butterflies in your chest as he looked at you in the eye. 'Aya-kun's still as good-looking as ever, isn't he?' You found yourself thinking.

He leaned forward and caught your lips with his, kissing you sweetly before pulling away. "(Y/N), I lo-"

"OI AYATO, ARE YOU DONE YET?"

"F*ck," he grunted, letting you go and running to the door and pulling it open, "don't make a sound until we leave, okay, (Y/N)?" He pleaded and left only when you gave a nod in return.

You felt a tingly sensation on your lips as the blush darkened on your face.