Aogiri Tree

"Join us, (Y/N)," Eto offered simply, "you're strong and if the CCG discovers you're now one of us, it'll be a major setback, wouldn't it?" She tried to sound sincere because she was, Eto had no intention of any form of manipulation as she knew that a) if she did, Ayato might get mad and both of you could leave and b) as long as Ayato was in Aogiri Tree, you will join.

Ayato stood up, his hands holding yours to pull you up to your feet, he flinched slightly but didn't say anything when you winced in pain.

"Alright, I will," you replied, a new sort of excitement blocked out our the previous feelings of sourness you felt towards the CCG.

"Wonderful," Eto smiled, "but first, let's get you a mask."
--
The place she brought you to made you feel salty, it was Uta's mask shop.

However, on the way there, you were surprised that no one recognized you as "that girl the CCG is after!", perhaps you weren't wanted by them... Yet.

Eto opened the door for the two of you as she said out loud, "We need a mask." And in response came a voice, that made you even more salty, which said, "take a seat!"

A while later, the tattooed ghoul entered the room, a grumpy look on your face as he approached you; he'd tried to sell you during the auction.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Uta said, slightly awkward, "this tension is a bit uncomfortable," he observed, "let's put aside our... differences for once, at least for now because I need your honest answers for me to work on your mask."

"Fine," you huffed.
--
While Uta worked on the design and questioned you on several mask-related issues, Eto and Ayato stood at the corner of the store, simply waiting for the session to be over.

"You're not going to turn soft, are you?" Eto asked in a low voice; and Ayato tensed up a little. The only time he was soft was when he met you in secret, no one at Aogiri knew about that side of his; he guessed that since you were now joining them, he couldn't show his loving side anymore. 'Shame...' Ayato thought, 'I hope you don't mind me being like my old self again, (Y/N)...'

"No," Ayato replied nonchalantly, "I won't... I may love her but that not going to blind me from my duties." But he secretly wished he could.
--
"How's it look?" Uta showed you his rough sketch, it was a mask that covered the bottom half of your face, it was black in color and had a pair of pincers on them, like a spider's. He'd decided on the whole  spider-themed thing since you mentioned your (new) kagune looked like spider legs.

"It looks great," you said, a small grateful smile on your lips, "thank you very much."

"No problem, (Y/N)," Uta replied, 'it's the least I can do to make it up to you...'
--
While Ayato and Eto were bringing you to Aogiri's current headquarters, you stayed silent the whole way, thinking about some random questions Uta's asked you just now...
--
"Which's your birthday month?" He asked, you were pondering over whether to say June or December; your real birthday was December -- which you discovered on your birth record that you found in the CCG's database -- and June was the month of Ayato's birthday, the birthday he said he'd share with you all those years ago.

"June."
--
"Do you have anyone you love?"

You glanced at Ayato for a split second before replying, "yes."

--
"What're your thoughts about starting a family and having a simple life in the future?"

"Impossible," you said without hesitation, "but it's what I want the most." You gazed at Ayato as you said so, which did not go unnoticed by the mask-maker. He smiled as he scribbled down your answer and wished you luck in his head.