Reactions

A/N: be warned, this chapter is a little bit... Sexual? No intercourse but you know what I mean.
--
Ayato recognized that guy. The guy walking towards your front door, in casual clothing and a head of messy, pink hair. The ghoul squinted his eyes in suspicion at him, he didn't see you for around a year already, so what was he doing here now?
--
The door bell rang while you, Haise and the Qs prepared the Christmas dinner. "I'll get it," you said since your hands were clean, you walked over to the door and opened it, gasping in surprise.

"Kisumi!" You said, jumping into his arms and burying your face into his shoulder. "I missed you!"

"Me, too, (Y/N)," he chuckled, his voice as melodious as ever.

"(Y/N)," Saiko piped up from the kitchen, "who's that?"

You pulled yourself off of your friend and turned to face your team, "this is Kisumi Shigino! We went to school together before I was offered a place by the CCG." You said happily, reminiscing about your school days; the school was really far away from home so you often woke up early to travel there; you'd grown close to Kisumi after having lunch with him every day and sometimes taking naps against his shoulders.

Haise smiled kindly but felt a green monster tugging at his heartstrings. He already made past one hurdle, now there was another one?

"How'd you find this place?" You turned back to Kisumi and asked.

"I heard from Tsume," he said simply, "may I come in?"

"Oh sure!"
--
After the Qs reassuring you that they could handle the dinner alone, you invited Kisumi into your room where you chatted for the entire afternoon.

"(Y/N), before I go, I have to tell you something," Kisumi took your hands into his and looked at you intensely, "I really like you, a lot, and I never had the guts to tell you until now."

You felt your heart fall. You indeed had a crush on him during your school days for a while but it was just for a short time... Perhaps if he'd mentioned it early, everything would be different. However, he didn't so you couldn't lead him on and lie to one of your best friends.

"I'm sorry, Kisumi," you slipped your hands out of his and placed them on his shoulders, "I've found someone else, please understand." You relaxed when he gave a visibly calm response, "I love you very much, but in a friendly way."

"That's alright, then," the pink-haired boy smiled sadly at you, "but I need to know, does he treat you well?"

"Very."
--
Haise felt uneasy the entire afternoon. After he'd sent you his message, the conversations between the two of you were odd, you always looked like you were thinking deeply about something.

It was 5pm and he decided to take a quick shower when he walked past your room and heard the pink-haired boy's confession. His heart stopped. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but he needed to know your reply...
--
By the time Haise stepped out of the shower, Kisumi Shigino had left. The investigator, now filled with confidence, entered your room and locked the door behind him.

"Haise?" You said, upon seeing him enter. He didn't reply but only walked towards you, a foreign aura was around him. It was one that made your heart race and caused a strange but pleasant sensation at an... Area. You took in a gulp of air, "Haise? What is it?" Your voice shook a little and you rubbed your thighs together, trying in a futile attempt to get rid of the weird sensation.

"(Y/N)," he sat across you on your bed, "do you like me back?"

Caught off guard by the question, you felt your heart suddenly race; but you knew the answer to that question. You knew and you weren't going to be dishonest, "yes."

"Good." He crawled towards you and attacked your neck with his lips, they were soft and his kisses were gentle. After a while, he stopped and simply rested his forehead on your shoulder, arms snaking around your body. Your arms returned the favor while your thighs continued to stay pressed tightly against each other, your face red with embarrassment at how you couldn't control your body's unspeakable reaction to the situation.