Thirteen Years

This was something that piqued at her interest; Eto frown slightly as she observed Ayato's relationship with you falling apart. She sighed, 'But they're made for each other,' she thought, watching from the shadows as you gave Ayato the cold shoulder, 'are you really going to give up now?' She stared at the purple-haired boy, 'after trying so hard for so long? You're going to leave yourself defeated?'

Defeat was one thing she couldn't stand.
--
"Ayato." Eto said, "come with me." She then led him to the rooftop; wordlessly, she sat herself on the edge, facing him as he stood before her, slouching slightly, his hand in his pocket, fiddling with what seemed to be a small object.

"What is it?" He said, lacking his usual irritation.

"How long have you known (Y/N)?" She asked simply.

Ayato's jaw clenched as he bit on his tongue out of frustration, why was she asking about you right now? Couldn't she see that this wasn't the right time? But regardless, she could kill him at any moment with no effort whatsoever, thus he gave it a thought and said,

"Almost thirteen years..." He mumbled. 'That was fast,' he thought involuntarily.

"How long have you liked her?" Eto knew this was uncharacteristic of her but something about what this young romance could evolve to interested her.

Ayato wanted to correct her and say, "love, not like," but held back, and simply, and notably in an unhesitant manner, grunted his reply, "almost thirteen years."

"So," she smirked, arms akimbo, "what're you waiting for?" Her eyes darted to his pocket where he hand played with your ring, "isn't that for her?"
--
You sat by a table, bored and crestfallen, you'd flung your ring across your room last night out of frustration and couldn't find it when you woke up. 'What should I tell Ayato?' The thought of his name made your heart wrench and tears sprung to your eyes. 'Why should I care.' You retorted.

Sighing, you rested your chin on your crossed arms which laid on top of the table, you were about to close your eyes when-

"(Y/N)." Your head shot up and you froze when you saw the last (but also the only) person you wanted to see: Ayato Kirishima. His eyes looked right into yours as he pulled his hand out of his pocket. "Let's go." He muttered before he turned around and walked towards the front door.

"Go where?" You asked meekly, your voice was so fearful that it sent a wave of regret through his entire body.

"Just come with me, idio-" he stopped himself and turned around, "I... I'm going to bring you out on a date." Ayato suddenly declared with a small air of confidence, "after all," he turned back to face the door, "it's been thirteen years, hasn't it?"