The Auction Raid (pt 2)

You and Haise were told off rather rudely for your cross-dressing methods just to approach Nutcracker but still, you did it and nothing could change that fact.
--
You, Juuzou and Mutsuki sat in the car, you were tense and extremely nervous, so was Mutsuki; Juuzou, not so much.

Mutsuki, who sat in between Juuzou and you gripped your hand firmly, your other hand was clenching on to your dress, causing the fabric to wrinkle slightly. You were about to say something when a strong wave of lethargy hit you hard. Your head swayed side to side before...

Darkness.
--
You were home late for once. It didn't bother you much as no one was waiting for you at home anyways. You unlocked the door and strolled in, while you shut the door behind you, a yawn escaped your lips.

"Where've you been?" A raised voice demanded from the darkness of your living room. You stopped mid-yawn as the realisation hit you: Ayato was home. He was home!

You dumped your bag on the floor and leaped into his arms. Your face buried in his shoulder. A uncharacteristic chuckle erupted from his throat and he let you down after a moment.

"You were suppose to be scared, idiot." He said, arms pressed against your back, pulling you close as he rested his forehead against yours.
--
It was your 14th birthday and you sat alone at home, an empty instant noodle cup sat at your table, your feet propped up against the couch arm rest as you laid on the sofa, slowly falling asleep.

You jumped when someone entered the house, the familiar silhouette approached you slowly before squaring down in front of your face.

Your eyelids began to close once more as Ayato kissed your cheek and placed a small box on the coffee table.

The next morning, he had left. You held the box and felt your heart race when you realised how much it resembled a ring box, the kind which was all cushiony inside with a slot for the bride.

You opened it and there was no ring but a piece of paper which said:

I cannot buy a ring for you now, not yet but I promise to get one soon. And when I do, you will marry me.

Ayato

The exact box sat on your bedside table, the paper still neatly folded inside. You hoped every few nights that he wouldn't forget his promise.
--
When you'd felt romantic feelings for Haise, you knew that they were different from the kind you felt with Ayato.

Loving Haise was sweetness and kindness and the kind that made a person feel like nothing could go wrong.

Loving Ayato was... exciting and fun but sweet and bitter at the same time. His love was the kind that made its appearance only at night, when you were under the covers with him and no one else was around.

You missed him so much...