Wait For Me, I'm Coming

(Y/N) (L/N) aka Arachnid
Status: Dead
Cause of Death: Various wounds inflicted upon by Special Class Investigator Haise Sasaki during Mission: Rose
--
Akira Mado was assigned to list out all the deceased on the rooftop of the building and also to kill off any surviving enemy ghouls.

It pained her to do what she had to do when she saw you laying there, on the brink of death, breathing weakly.

"Akira-chan..." You smiled at her, your lips stained with blood that gushed out from your stomach. "Hello... Are you here to kill me?"

"Yes."
--
Ayato's heart was beating painfully fast as he made his way over to the rooftop, to you. He felt slightly dizzy with euphoria from the thought of escaping this crappy life and starting a new one; a new brilliant world with only you and him and maybe even your future children.

We can stay in the countryside... The CCG'll never find us there... I hope Eto doesn't call me back too many times... I want to spend all the time I can with (Y/N)... Wait for me, (Y/N). I'm coming.
--
Ayato swore as he noticed a Dove kneeling over your motionless body.

Shit. Are they going to take her away?

"This is Akira Mado," said the Dove, her index finger pressing against what looked like an earpiece in her ear. "(Y/N) (L/N) aka Arachnid is dead."

No. No. NO.

"I repeat, (Y/N) (L/N), SS ghoul aka Arachnid is dead. The rooftop is clear of any survivors as well..." She stood up and right before Ayato prepared himself to lunge at her and rip her guts out, she turned around and looked at him in the eye, "Body collection coming in ten minutes? Noted. I'll report downstairs then." She took her finger off the earpiece.

Ayato looked at her, his mask felt suffocating as he did so. You couldn't be dead. Not now. Out of all times. Not today. Not this night. No. His heart thudded painfully as a searing headache invaded his brain. He was too furious and emotional to realise the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Take her away, if you wish." Akira Mado said to him, I know you, Black Rabbit. You're (Y/N)'s lover. Ayato, was it? "But if you're going to bury or cremate her, I'd suggest waiting for at least an hour." She continued as she hid a syringe behind her back and left when she was sure he wouldn't hurt her. Please realise what I've done, Ayato.

All of Ayato's senses screamed at him to do something. To kill the Dove. To go on a rampage and just murder everything in his sight, like his old self would've been tempted to do. But you wouldn't like it? Would you, (Y/N)?

He fell to his knees and felt his shoulders shake as he cried. Ayato took a minute to pull himself together and then proceeded to carry you away. Come on, (Y/N). Let's go.
--
Touka Kirishima was surprised to see her brother standing at the door of his cafe. It'd been a short while after she and Yomo had rescued Tsukiyama Shuu and she decided to clean up the shop a little before planning what to do next. She was sweeping the floor when someone knocked on the door.

"Ayato?" Her eyes widened in shock and she tried to comprehend her true feelings as she looked at her brother, all grown up, standing at her door after all these years of being gone. "What're you-?" Realisation washed over her as she noticed your lifeless body in his arms, and his eyes which looked so moist and red. "Come in. Quick."
--
You woke up, coughing violently, in someone's arms. You blinked and tried to recognise the room you were in; it wasn't a hospital ward, it wasn't your room or anything; it was a completely new place.

You then felt the person who had their arms around start to shake, you looked down and saw a head of purple hair. "Ayato?" You placed a hand on his head. "What's wrong?"

He said nothing but pulled you closer to him, his face was buried in your stomach as his arms were wrapped firmly around your middle. He was sobbing.

"You're alive." He muttered, head still leaning against your stomach.

"Why wouldn't I be?" You replied, eyebrows knitting together in worry, he was terribly upset.

"I love you, (Y/N). I love you. I love you. I love you." He chanted, rocking backwards and forth slightly as his position remained unchanged.

"I love you, too, Ayato," you cooed, hand massaging his head as you did so.
--
Epilogue:

It was a girl. And she was human, as well, what're the odds? Ayato thought adoringly as he looked down at the cooing baby in his arms.

To be honest, he never thought that his life would come to this, his heart swelled with pride as the child in his arm hummed peacefully in her sleep. The infant in his arms resembled you much more than it did him, but he loved it nonetheless.

Ayato prayed that you wouldn't walk in at this exact moment as he knew you'd never let him live it down, "aww is the big bad ghoul snuggling his baby girl?" You'd tease good heartedly.

A smile played on his lips as he recalled the time you and him spend trying to figure out if she was a ghoul or not, both your bets were on a ghoul-baby but to your pleasant surprise, she was, in fact, human; and he was glad.

In that moment, Ayato promised to himself, to the baby and to you, that he'd protect his child with his life; after all, she would forever be his human girl, just like you'd once been and still was.
--
Author's Note: Thank you to everyone who's read this book from start to finish and for giving me such nice feedback which encouraged me to write all the way till now! Don't be sad, though, this book ending means that I can concentrate more on my other fics! And to those who are disappointed that this ended so quick, don't worry, I'll create a sequel soon which will revolve around (Y/N) and Ayato's new life. Where they went, what they did, who they met and etc. There'll be drama, of course, but it'll be of a "feel good" kind of thing to read, I hope! Anyways, check my profile frequently to see when I publish the sequel! I'll also need suggestions for things to include in the sequel, so feel free to message me about your "domestic ideas" and whatnot!

Anyways, thank you again for reading this! I hope to see you guys soon!

Love,
Amelia