Solid Determination

After the incident with Ayato, the Qs' began to respect you more than ever, and the team was finally beginning to come together as one.
--
Urie began to talk to you more, often asking for advice; Mutsuki was beginning to come out of his shell a little, finding time to chat with you every night; Saiko regarded you as a parental figure and often bugged you to play her video games with her; Shirazu volunteered to do more housework. They were wonderfully cooperative during training sessions as well, listening intently to you and Haise majority of the time.

While you were definitely happy, you found Haise's behavior becoming strange -- he spent more time with you, stood and walked nearer to you and sometimes he would seem like he wanted to speak to you about something but eventually shrug it off as "nothing important". You were slightly bothered but perhaps this was his way of warming up to you more so you didn't really care.

What you really looked forward to was nighttime, after Mutsuki'd said his goodnights to you and left your room, you would check your phone for any messages from Ayato. His name in your contacts was 'Otaya' as you didn't want anyone to find out his real name in case they were being busybodies.

Otaya: are you asleep yet?
You: yes, that's why I can message you, I'm using the powers of my mind.
Otaya: ...
You: no I'm not asleep yet, I swear
Otaya: I love you.
You: aww, I love you, too
Otaya: sorry that was Hinami
You: oh, I don't love you, then, tell Hinami I love her instead
Otaya: I cannot win, can I?
You: no

Before he could reply, someone knocked on the door, you quickly tossed your phone under your pillow before speaking, "come in!" The door opened and there stood Haise, wearing only his banana pajama pants. You choked on your saliva awkwardly while you noticed his rather muscled form. "Yes?"

"Just wanted to chat with you, unless you're about to sleep," he said, he looked so happy you couldn't bear to say no.

"No, I'm just laying down, we can talk."

Haise proceeded to sit on your bed, opposite you, before saying, "(Y/N), who was that ghoul who came that day? Is he a serious threat to us? Because I'm going to admit that we were watching you and him that day," your eyes widened in disbelief as he continued, "but we promised to keep it to ourselves no matter what, however I'm just concerned, who is he?"

The last few days were emotionally painful for Haise as he kept on replaying the scene with the unknown ghoul, the latter's words kept invading his brain, "lover. Lover. Lover. Lover....." Was he really? Haise desperately needed to know.

"He's... My first love... We had some problems in the past and now we are hoping to fix our relationship, I suppose." You said carefully. Your phone under your pillow vibrated once, twice, three times.

"I see..." Haise felt a pang in his chest before he heard the vibrations, "I think your pillow is trying to say something, (Y/N)."

"Oh, it's just my phone, I was chatting with.. Someone... Earlier."

"I guess I'll leave you then, I need to get some sleep as well. Goodnight, (Y/N)." Haise left before you could reply. He'd seemed so upset for some reason.
--
Otaya: actually, it really was Hinami
Otaya: she says she loves you, too
Otaya: I love you, (Y/N)
Otaya: that was me
Otaya: hello?
Otaya: (Y/N) talk to me
Otaya: (Y/N)?
You: aww I love you, too. Sorry I was gone, Haise came to talk.
Otaya: is he the dude with the weird hair
You: yes
Otaya: he's Kaneki, isn't he?
You: yes, I think, but he's different now, it's like he lost his old memories and became this whole new person.
Otaya: I see... Anyways, what'd he talk about
You: he asked about you, he asked about who you were and what not
Otaya: well, what'd you say?
You: I said you were me first love but we had some problems and we're fixing them now
Otaya: I told him we're lovers
You: oh
Otaya: yeah... Anyways it's getting late, you should sleep now
You: alright, goodnight, I love you
Otaya: love you, too.
--
Ayato enjoyed messaging you, it was a fun way to communicate with you when he wasn't able to see you in the flesh. However, after this night, he was dead set on making sure the next time that Haise guy asked who was he, you'd confidently say, "my lover."

Ayato had no idea when he became so into this lovey-dovey stuff but all he knew was that you were all he thought about and he'll never stop thinking about you.
--
Haise knew you were still young but the feelings he had for you were real. As he laid in bed, his chest felt heavy while he thought about you and that ghoul; when he became tired of doing so, he went to sleep. But one thing kept him awake until dawn, the strongest sense of determination he ever had, he wanted you to love him as he did you.