12:34 a.m.

Quick author's note: 1. Sorry for not updating the past few days, I was sleeping over at my cousin's place and didn't have much time to write 2. I have chosen the OCs! I chose two, actually, they are the OCs by SkeletalLie and whatever-chan ! For the other OCs which were not chosen, do not worry because as a thanks for submitting, I will make them appear once or twice randomly during the fanfic! :)
--
Haise was a sweetheart; it was like he knew what had happened before you returned to the cafe. He clearly knew that you'd cried but didn't ask excessively after you'd said that it was "nothing"; he held your hand when you crossed the street and bought everything which you expressed an interest in -- which taught you to keep your mouth shut after a while.
--
When you two returned, the Quinx were putting up Christmas decorations around the house and stopped to gawk at all the bags their superiors were carrying.

Holy shit that's a lot. They all literally thought at the same time.

"Welcome home!" Mutsuki spoke up first from the kitchen, an array of ingredients were placed on the table and he was putting them into the cupboards and cabinets.
--
After thanking and chatting with the Qs, Haise and you retreated into your room, both wearing pyjamas and ready to wrap some presents.

The entire time, you were thinking about how to tell him what had happened; you didn't want to keep him in the dark after how kindly he treated you despite not telling him.

"Haise," you said, looking up from the half-wrapped present, "I'll tell you what happened..."
--
It was midnight but you didn't know that since you were struggling to sleep. The presents were all neatly wrapped and stacked in the corner of the room. You wriggled around on your bed; subconsciously waiting for a certain person to message you on your phone, a wave of sadness hitting you when you remembered why he wouldn't do it.

What time is it? You wondered, I don't know. You thought in reply and sighed.

You turned over to your side and looked at the mobile device sitting on your bedside table, sometimes your eyes strayed to the door and it was then you realised how lonely you were.
--
Why did I get that banana poster? Haise thought, standing in front of it; he wasn't able to sleep as he'd sensed something wrong but couldn't really put his finger on it.

Tired of doing nothing, he picked up his phone and typed you a message,

(Y/N), I love you very much. I know this is the wrong time to tell you this but I have loved you since the day you saved me from the ghoul after we had dinner together. But I knew you had a boyfriend so I didn't say anything. Oh and happy birthday (^^)

He laughed pitifully at his own silly (but truthful) message and was about to hit backspace when his thumb pressed "send" instead. His body froze and his heart stopped. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

He was panicking wildly on the inside but didn't find himself running to your room, to apologise and say it was a mistake. Because it isn't. Because... I love her.
--
Your phone vibrated and you slowly picked it up, wondering who actually messaged you so late at night.

Your eyes widened and your cheeks turned cherry-red. Your eyes glanced at the clock hanging on the wall of your room 12:34 am.

Haise Sasaki stole your broken heart and mended it on the extremely early morning of your birthday.