I Will Love Her For You

Haise was getting worried, where were you? He waited for another ten minutes before the door opened but in came a girl wearing a surgical mask, not you.

She sat on your seat and handed Haise a piece of paper before leaving promptly. He didn't get to say anything before she left.

Haise picked up the paper and on it wrote:

Dear Haise Sasaki,
I am writing this on the behalf of my friend. You might know him as (Y/N) (L/N)'s lover. I need you to keep this to yourself for now. Later, when (Y/N) returns, she will most likely tell you about how he has broken off with her as he has fallen in love with someone else. It is all a lie. He wants to keep her safe, he wants her to fall in love with you as you have her. He doesn't know I'm writing this but I do know that he believes you can keep her safer than he can. So I hope that you can love her and protect her as my friend wishes he can. Remember, do not let her know of this until the time is right, even then you cannot be the one to tell her. I will.
Thank you.

H

Haise re-read the letter twice more and felt a flurry of emotions. He felt accomplishment, worry and a stronger sense of importance in his existence.

The cafe door opened again and this time it was you who walked in. Your eyes were red and swollen but you were clearly trying to cover it up.

Don't worry, whoever you are, I will love her for you, for him, for myself and for her.