Chapter 36

Songs For this Chapter:

The Hills by The Weeknd 

Hold me down by Halsey

Yaz

I sat across from her on the dinner table. Trying my hardest to give her eye contact. But it was so hard sense a lot was on my mind.

"Before I tell you this Yaz, just remember it was a long time ago, and I am past that, we are past that" She sighed grabbing my hand that was on the table. I nodded trying to make sense of her scattered words.

"When you was a little girl, things happened to you that wasn't supposed to" she told me. I frowned my eyebrows at her vague words.

"What happened mother" I frowned some more snatching my hand out of hers. She sighed leaning back on the chair before rubbing her temples.

"You were so innocent, and he was ... a monster" she whispered to herself, eyes becoming glossy, I quickly looked away from her, my mum wasn't the one to cry. Which just made it so awkward to watch. We sat there in silence for a few moments. I looked back at her, tears were pouring down her face. She shook her head wiping them off.

I stared at her across the table, something is really eating her up for her to be this vulnerable. 

"Mum what is it" I spoke. She looked up at me with puffy eyes as if she didn't know that I was in the room.

"Your father Yaz" she sighed looking away. I blinked not sure of what shes talking about.

"I should have told you sooner, but I just couldn't, I wanted to keep that out of your mind as long as possible."

"What did he do" I stated no longer in the mood to put her pieces, and clues together.

"Oh god, bad things Yaz" She put her hand over her mouth. Tears began to fall down again.

"What was it" I spoke colder. 

"He used to touch you, the way a father doesn't suppose to do to a child." she whispered to herself again. My breath got caught in my throat, and I couldn't help but feel the lump that came with it making my eyes glossy with tears.

"And you knew" I croaked, not wanting to hear the truth.

"For awhile, Yaz I was scared of him, but I couldn't take it anymore, so I sent him away." she cried, full of guilt. I shook my head disgusted at the thought of it.

"So you fucking give me pills to forget!" I yelled no longer calm. She jumped a bit before regaining her composure. 

"I did what I had to do Yazmin" she told me her face getting cold and expressionless.

"And don't use that tone of voice with me young lady" she stated. But I didn't care I was livid, no I was hurt and confused. 

"I don't give a flying fuck, you hid that from me all these years. I always wanted to know why he left. No wonder why I'm so fucked up and have to take fucking antidepressants to keep me sane!" I yelled standing up. I didn't notice I pushed away my glass of water making it crash onto the floor.

"No need to get angry Yazmin, that was a long time ago" she spoke getting up to pick up the mess I've made.

"The fucking audacity you have, there is a need for me to get upset. I was missing him, wondering would he come back, wondering what I have done wrong! You could have fucking told me he was a fucking pervert!" I yelled some more, noticing that I was crying.

"I know Yaz, and I'm sorry I just wanted to keep you safe" she cried coming close to me. I almost flipped when she tried to hug me.

"Dont" I cried walking way from her and up to my room. I slammed my door as hard as I could. I was a bit grateful that Jay was at summer camp so he couldn't see me like this.