Chapter 32

Songs for this chapter:

Through the dark by One Direction

Medicine by The 1975

Harry

I was finally getting some sleep, but that didn't last long when I heard my phone ring on the night stand. I reached for it, yawning in the process. I looked for the caller ID and saw Yaz. I almost had a Minnie heart attack. Why is she calling so earlier in the morning, it's not even 7 am yet.

"Hello" I spoke rubbing my eyes to get  rid of my sleepiness.  It was quiet for a couple of seconds before she finally spoke. It felt like my heart fell to the pit of my stomach when I heard the hurt in her voice.

"Can you come and get me?" Her voice cracked. I closed my eyes confused as to what the hell is going on. If that son of a bitch did anything to hurt Yaz, I swear I'll slit his throat.

"Harry?" She murmured pulling me from plotting Zodies death. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"I'll be right there" I told her already done putting on my clothes.

"Where are you Yaz?" I asked as I put my shoes on. She waited a while before answering me which made me even more worried. She doesn't even know where she is.

"I don't know" her voice trembled. A headache begin to form and it wasn't even the afternoon yet.

"What are your surroundings" I asked.

"There's a gas station and... a- a old elementary school a little far back."

I thought for a second. There was an elementary school but it's like 600 miles away. I hope it's not the one that's she's taking about nothing but bad things happened there. I heard her sigh through the phone. She sounded stressed and like she didn't know what was going on herself. I decided not to ask her, sense I wouldn't get any answers from the phone.

"I'm coming" I told the fragile voice on the phone.

"Okay"she sighed as if she was relieved. I was beginning to hang up before I heard her broken voice again.

"And Harry?"

"Yes"

"Thanks" she spoke even the way she sounds now, I could tell she was smiling. I grinned slightly before telling her a you welcome and hung up.

After I got done brushing my teeth and stuff I walked downstairs still slightly tired since its summertime and I haven't got up this early in weeks.

I saw my mom sitting at the table drinking coffee as she read the papers.

"Hey mom" I cleared my throat walking to the fridge to get something to drink. I watched as she looked up at me surprised that I'm down here.

"Well your up early" She smiled at me before sipping on her coffee. I shrugged my shoulders before speaking.

"Couldn't sleep" I lied I didn't want to tell her that Yazmin needed help, she would ask what for and I don't want to put Yazmin business out there.

"So what are you going to do this morning?" she asked putting down her papers and looking up at me. I looked way sipping on my orange juice trying to think of a lie.

"I uh I'm going to Zayns house for a bit" I told her impressing my self as I made up a lie so quick. I always been a terrible liar, especially when it comes to my mom. She nodded her head before going back to her papers.

"Alright be good" she sighed.

"Always is" I smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek before heading out the door. The drive was terribly long I cant believe shes out there all alone by herself. Thinking about that made me go a little over the speed limit. Well... maybe like allot over the speed limit. I got a speeding ticket, so now I have to pay for it with money I don't have.

I pulled up to the abandoned gas station looking around for a beautiful brunette. I found her sitting on the curb her head in her hands.  I sat down next to her looking at the state that she is in. No shoes, tangled hair, is that a bruise on her face?

"Yaz" I whispered. She looked up in shock as if she didn't know that I was sitting right next to her.

"Harry" she sighed hugging me. Her gesture did catch me off guard ,but after a couple of seconds I relaxed during the hug, putting my arms around her fragile body. I knew that she needed one since her face screamed confusion and sadness. Yaz really wasn't one of those girls that just show, and pour out there feelings.

We stayed like this for about 3 minutes, when she pulled away she was crying. It broke my heart to see her like this. I looked at her face for the first time today and it was painfully beautiful. Her eyes were puffy and red, her cheeks a dark pink while her lips were swollen. I shook my head as I looked at the bruise below her left eye, and her slight busted lip.

"What happened" I asked pushing the hair behind her ears. She sniffed looking away from me and shaking her head. Her stare was somewhat angry as she looked up at the sky. She sighed running her hands through her hair. A sign that she is nervous.

"Shit happened" she vaguely spoke. I knew a nonchalance answer would come out of her mouth, she was so closed, you can barely get her to speak about what is wrong with her. She probably doesn't even know what is wrong with her. She might be as confused as I am. I looked at her face just admiring that she is talking to me. I don't know what the hell is going on between us ,but if Yaz needs me, I'm here for her. Like I am now.

"You could tell me" I mumbled still looking at her face. I watched as it transformed into irritation and regret. I hope its regret from what had been done, not from calling me to get her. She chuckled, not in a friendly way but a sarcastic way.

"I don't even know what the fuck happened" she hissed looking at me. Her eyes met mine, and I felt a little light headed at her cold glare. I frowned looking away from her. I should have never came if shes going to be like this which is intolerable. I looked back at her, her eyes softened a bit, and looked away from me. She shook her head and started to stand. I ran my hands through my hair a habit of hers as well.

"I should have never called you" she looked down at me with disgust, and chuckled as she begin to walk off. I have to admit it did hurt my feelings, but I know shes just upset with whatever happened to her, and is taking it out on me.

"Yaz where are you going" I asked as I got up following her. Like always. 

She shrugged her shoulders and looked back at me. I grabbed her arm stopping her before going forward. She whimpered slightly, I let go of her arm confused as to why she made that sound. I looked down at her body, which was barely holding up. My brain begin to process the worst possible thoughts, and I just hoped they weren't true.

HEHE

- A R T I E