Chapter 40 (Sunday)

Comment your favorite chapter and I will follow you!

Tris's POV

I wake up with Fo-Tobias's arms around me, holding me close. I breathe in his familiar sent of sweat and the muscle cream he sometimes uses. It smells nice, his sent smells like safety to me now.

Tobias stirs and his arms wrap tighter around me. I look up at him and say, "I-I get t-to l-leave today!" He smiles widely and kisses me gently.

I pull back and relax in his arms while laying my head back on his chest.

He started stroking my hair and I freeze. Mom, Mom, Mom always strokes my hair before a beating. Don't ask.

I tell myself over and over again that it's just Tobias, not Mom.

He continues stroking my hair but it's okay. It's just him, no one else.

The doctor comes in to give me one last check up. By instinct I inch closer to Tobias.

I got a few more stitches, pain medication, and some kind of packet you put in your water that helps heal my back. I have to put it in almost drink I have.

Caleb comes in and the doctor helps me change.

"Okay, Tris, I need you to stand. It's gonna hurt but we have to get you to the car," the doctor says while I grab my Dad's shirt and toss it to Caleb. Caleb grabs my phone while Tobias comes beside me and puts his arms around my waist. "Tris, I'm right here in case you fall. You just need to walk to the door and I'll put you on my back," Tobias says. I nod, 100% nervous. "Okay, start standing." I put some weight on legs and they feel just like they did when I had to get up to change, they feel like led.

I continue to stand up, and pain blossoms throughout my back. I groan. "I know, just keep going," Tobias says. I push through it and soon I'm taking a step, my knees immediately buckle and I start falling.

Tobias doesn't let me fall far. He catches me and pulls me up. I try to take another step but fall backwards and Tobias catches me again. He helps me stand up again. "F-Four I-I don't think I-I c-can do t-this," I say honestly. "Tris, you're trying to hold all your own weight. That's not the point. The point is simply getting to the door. No one said you can't have help," Tobias says gently.

I look up at his blue eyes that I get lost in so easily. He gently adjusts my own weight so that I'm leaning on him. With his help, I'm able to get to the door.

When I get there, he crouches down and with the help of Caleb, I get on his back.

Tobias leads me to the parking lot. We called Caleb's girlfriend who is older and owns a car.

We all hop in and Tobias sits next to me while wrapping his arms around me. I quickly fall asleep.

*A/N
Hi! Please read my Percy Jackson fanfic! It's called Together! Thank you for reading and please vote, comment, and follow!

Comment your favorite chapter so far and I will follow you! 😃

-Stay Sparkly