Chapter 16

I turned around to face him. My eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. Was that really him?

"Jin Woo, is that really you?" I asked.

He showed me his famous smile, "Of course it is. Who else called you strawberry princess?"

My smiled broke out on my face as I went up to hug him. Even with my hurt foot.

"Oh my gosh! It's been forever since I last saw you!" I screamed out.

"Yea, since high school," he smiled again.

My smile never seemed to leave my face. "I just...I can't believe I'm actually talking to you right now!"

"I can't believe you're still buying strawberry snacks."

I laughed, "It's been a hard day...I deserve them."

He laughed at me, "Aigoo, still the same aren't you?"

"No~ I've changed~"

"Not from the way I see it."

I stuck my tongue out at him as he laughed. There was an awkward silence as he suddenly asked, "Hey..um..are you busy right now?"

"Me? Oh no, not really. I just came to buy some things for a friend."

"That's good...you know there's a coffee shop right around the corner. Do you think we could catch up there?" he asked.

"Oh sure. Let me just go check these out real quick," I told him and walked to the check out line.

Once I was done checking out, I walked with Jin Woo to the coffee shop. Luckily, the pain in my foot slowly started to go away. Looks like Yunho did a good job.

When we got to the shop, he went ahead and ordered drinks for us. I took a seat and began to text Yerin. "Hey, I'm out with a friend right now. I won't be back until later."

"What do you mean out with a friend? Who did you meet at the grocery store?!" she answered back.

"A friend! I'll be back later and tell you everything okay?"

"I'm watching you unni-________-."

I leaned back in my seat. "Omo, she is so out of hand today....I should probably text Ryeowook too."

Just as soon as I was about to text Ryeowook, Jin Woo sat across from me with our drinks. I didn't want to be rude and text while we were catching up on things, so I put my phone away.

He sighed after taking a sip of his coffee and leaned back in his seat. "It sure has been a long time, hasn't it?"

"Yea, it has. About 11 years right?" I asked.

"Yep. 10 or 11 years."

"Where did you go? When we started the 11th grade...you weren't there."

"I moved to Jecheon."

"Really?"

"Yea, my dad's job forced him to move there."

"And you just so happened to move, after we...."

"After we broke up?" he asked.

"...Yea," I said starting to grow quiet.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I was moving. I didn't want to tell anybody. And after we broke up it was just...really awkward," he said.

"I know. It was really awkward for me too."

"Did you go back to America?"

"Before I started college. Actually, I just moved back to Korea about 2 years ago."