Chapter 23

"5, 6, 7, 8!" Our choreographer would shout at us.

She would watch us dance for a small segment and correct any of us if we were doing something wrong.

"Yerin, make sure you kind of jump with that step. Like this," she said and showed Yerin the move.

Yerin repeated the move a few times and we tried the segment over again. It's been 3 days since we recorded and our song was finally made. Our vocals, the beat, everything matched perfectly. It really did seem like this would be our breakthrough song.

Our choreography was a bit different this time. The steps and moves were a bit harder, but we got through it easily. All of the members in Neon were exceptionally good dancers. So of course our choreography would be a bit difficult.

The nights have been really late though. We want to make our comeback as quick as we can, but Cho Hee still has solo promotions. It's almost February, so we are planning on having it after Valentine's week. Maybe even sooner. But Cho Hee's promotions don't end until the middle of February, so she might have to do a double schedule. We know it's better if Cho Hee promotes herself more, but we don't want her to be so tired. She could even get sick from working too much.

We practiced our choreography until we couldn't dance one more step. We were determined this comeback would be great. But once we were way too tired, we all fell to the floor. Our bodies were covered in sweat and we were breathing heavily. Our clothes were nearly 3 shades darker because of how much we were sweating. My hair was sticking to the sides of my face. Kay Kay looked like someone threw a bucket of water on her from how much she was sweating.

"..Water..." Yerin cried out.

Our manager stood up and gave us our water bottles. "I don't ever think I've seen you guys work this hard. You really want to make this a good comeback, huh?" he asked.

We couldn't speak, so all we did was softly nod and chugged our water.

He smiled, "Take a break. A long one at that. You girls looked like you soaked up the Han River."

A few of us laughed while the rest of us were still chugging down water. We were really hungry, so our manager got us a few snacks too. Even though it was winter, we had fans going on everywhere in the room. We were SO hot and sweaty. We didn't even have enough energy to eat. Yerin was actually falling asleep while eating. I was laughing a little bit with Cho Hee, but we didn't want to say anything.

Hyun Jae noticed Yerin's head falling down so she set her plate of food down. "Yerin, if you're sleepy, lay down right here. Use my lap as a pillow," Hyun Jae said.

Yerin slowly set her food down and moved next to Hyun Jae. Her head rested in Hyun Jae's lap as the rest of her body sprawled out across the floor. It didn't take long for Yerin to fall asleep. We all found it kind of funny that she fell asleep so fast. "Yerin usually sleeps good. She never seems tired. Maybe she's just tired from all the late nights."

After about an hour passed, our break was over. The sweat had just began to lift off our bodies too. So now we were about to get sweaty, again. "I am going to take the longest.bath.ever. tonight."

"Okay girls, are you ready?" our choreographer asked.

"Yes~" we all responded.

"Okay, from the top! 5, 6, 7, 8!"

.                            .                          .                              .

"Cho Hee, it's hands crossed and then flare them out. Like this."

"..Flare out...like this?" Cho Hee asked.