Chapter 28

Without hesitation, Mina quickly ran up to hug her mother. The same mother that left her alone 2 years ago, yet the same mother that still cares. It touched my heart to see the two reunited.

The moment seemed to last forever. Neither of them wanted to let go of the other. Mi Hyun was crying while Mina slowly shed her tears. It was so touching I was even brought to tears.

Slowly, they released from the hug and smiled at each other. Mi Hyun wiped away Mina's small tears as she wiped away her own. Mi Hyun stood up as I said, "I'll be going now. What time should I come back?"

"Oh no, why don't you stay? I'm sure Mina would feel a little bit more comfortable if you're here."

"Are you sure that's okay with you?"

"Of course! Here, I'll go make some tea while you two make yourselves at home."

I walked inside with Mina at my sides as Mi Hyun went to make the tea. Mina sat down next to me and slowly looked around the place. "What do you think Mina? Are you happy to see your mommy again?"

"Yes!" she smiled.

"I'm glad," I smiled.

She continued looking around the room with her big, black eyes until her mom finally brought over the tea. Honestly, I have never seen Mina look that happy before. It was like something magical and unreal happened to her.

"So Mina, do you like staying with Akia?" her mom asked.

Mina nodded, "Unni and oppa are really nice. And all of the other oppas too!"

Mi Hyun looked at me, "Other oppas?"

I laughed, "Mina has a few...'uncles' I guess you could say."

"Oh, do you have brothers?" she asked.

"N- Yes, I do have brothers," I smiled.

Mi Hyun took a sip of tea, "How many?"

"...11." It would be 12, but I married one of them.

Mi Hyun looked like she was choking. "11?! Wow, that sure is a lot."

Mina was confused, "Unni, who are your 11 brothers?"

I laughed, "You don't know? You see them often."

She was quiet and thought for a while. Then, it came to her. "Oh! Donghae oppa and everyone else?"

"Donghae oppa and everyone else...only loves Donghae, huh?" "Yes, Donghae and everyone else," I smiled.

"But...they aren't your real brothers?" she said confused.

"They act like they are."

Mi Hyun finally understood, "Oh, so they're friends that are like brothers?"

"Pretty much."

We went on talking for a while. Mi Hyun was a really nice person and I enjoyed talking with her. Mina enjoyed being back with her mom too. Even though she was getting a little restless since we were just sitting and talking.

"Mommy! I want a piggyback ride!" Mina said.

"A piggyback ride?" her mom asked.

"Yes!  A piggyback ride!"

Mi Hyun put down her tea and stood up. "Hopefully I can still carry you."

Mina ran over to her mom and happily hopped onto her back. Mi Hyun smiled and said, "There's not enough space inside so I'll probably have to walk around in circles."