Chapter 14

All we could really do was stand there by the door. If we tried to go back to get our stuff, we probably would've gotten lost again. My heart was about to beat out of my chest. If that ghost or whatever is still here......

"Do you think we should try one more time?" Yunho asked.

"Yea."

We used his phone as a flashlight again, as he tried pulling back on the door. Still, it wouldn't move.

"Try pulling too," he told me.

I grabbed my hands on the handle with him as he counted down, "1...2...3...pull!"

Pulling back as much as we did, you think the door would open. Nope. It moved just a little, but not enough to open it.

"Try harder!" Yunho screamed.

"I am!" I yelled back at him.

We pulled with all our might and still nothing happened. Both of us were out of breath from trying. I could hear Yunho lean up against the wall.

"You're not tired?" he asked probably hearing me try to open the door again.

"No, I just want to get out of here!" I screamed pulling back. "I am going to open this door, one way or another."

Leaning up against the wall, I really felt like giving up. I felt like I was down to my last breath, and was ready to just get attacked by the ghost or whatever was in here to rid me of my misery. Then, I got an idea.

"You're not trying again, are you?" Yunho asked.

"I'm trying something different."

"Like what?"

"Kicking."

"What?!"

"I'm going to kick the door open!" I told him.

"Are you sure you won't kick it down?"

I ignored him and got ready to kick the door.

"Don't break your foot or anything in the process," he said.

"Psh, like I'm going to break my foot...."

I brought my leg up and kicked the door as hard as I could. You could hear it open slightly.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Yunho.

"Do it again!" he said.

Bringing up my leg again, I kicked the door a bit harder. It opened a bit more this time.

"One more time!" Yunho screamed.

"I know!" I screamed back.

When I kicked the door for the third time, it flew open. Yunho ran over to hold the door. I dropped to the floor holding my foot. The last kick was a bit too much.

"I told you not to break your foot," Yunho said.

"I didn't break it, it just hurts!"

He moved towards me and helped me up. It hurt to much to walk on my foot, so I limped out with Yunho supporting me up.

Once we were back in the hallway, the windows gave us light so we could see without Yunho's phone. Thankfully, I still had my phone with me.

"Looks like we're going to have to take the stairs," Yunho said walking towards the stairway door.

"Where exactly do you plan on going?" I asked.

"Well, we can't stay here. We're going back to my dorm."