Chapter 17

Ryeowook quickly moved next to me to read the e-mail with me. I didn't know what to do, really. My heart was racing and I could barely even move my hands.

Finally, the e-mail had opened, as Ryeowook and I both read it silently to ourselves.

'Hello Jenny, we have sent you this e-mail regarding Kim Mina's mom, Kim Mi Hyun. No, we have not found out her address yet, but we have found out some information about her. Rather then telling you through e-mail, we feel it would be better to tell you in person. If you could, please come by the detective's office tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Thank you for your time.'

I sighed and leaned back. I really thought they had found her mom.

"...Who's Jenny?" Ryeowook asked.

"Oh, I made a fake name so no one would find me out."

"That's smart. But, what do you think they're going to tell you?"

"I'm not too sure, I guess I'll just have to go tomorrow and find out."

I closed my laptop and put it on the table next to me. While I began to lay down, Ryeowook was still sitting up and asked me, "Akia, are you sure it's going to work out?"

"What is?"

"Mina going back to her mom....I mean, she left her, wouldn't that mean she dosen't want her?"

"Ryeowook, are you sure you're not just getting attched to Mina?" I smirked.

"Me? Nooooo, she's too sassy with me....."

I laughed and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

. . . .

"Akia, Cho Hee, you two are on in 5."

"Are you ready?" Cho Hee asked me.

"I guess so," I smiled.

Cho Hee and I had another show to do today. We were walking backstage getting ready to go on. Since our show was a bit early, I would still be able to see the detective in time. The backstage manager came up to us and told us to hurry and walk on stage already.

Once we got onstage, I could see all the fan signs. I really love it when I'm onstage. It got me thinking, 'Should Neon have a comeback soon?'

The music began playing as the cheering slowly quieted, and I began to sing along with Cho Hee.

The performance was quickly over as Cho Hee went to get dressed into her next outfit. I stayed in the dressing room eating as I watched her solo performance. She really does have a lot of charisma.

When she was done with her performance, she came back to eat. I didn't want her to eat alone, so I stayed with her. She didn't know that I was going to see the detective today. None of my members did. Only Ryeowook knew. But, I was so nervous to hear what he was going to tell me.

"Are you going already?" Cho Hee asked as I got my things together.

"Yea, I have some stuff I need to do this afternoon," I told her.

"Some, 'wife' stuff?" she teased.

"Eh, it's kind of like a chore."

"Okay then, have fun with your 'wife' stuff. Are you coming back to the dorms?"

"No, I think I'm just going to stay home."

"Alright, I'll tell the members then."

"Okay, see you later unni~" I sang.