Chapter 33

"Have you made your decision?" I asked. 

"Yes.....I'll keep Mina," she smiled.

"Really?!"

"Yes. I've thought about it a lot lately, and I feel like keeping her would be the best thing for both of us."

"Oh, that's great Mi Hyun!" I smiled.

"Well, it was kind of like I had to take her, I mean, I can't have my daughter just staying with you forever. I'm sure you and your husband want your own kids right?" she asked.

I choked up on my words a little bit. "Well...um.....we....we'll see about that...." I stuttered as Mi Hyun started laughing.

"But, in order to officially get her back, you have to go to Jeju," I told her.

"What?"

"Remember, you left her at a foster home in Jeju, so in order to notify her as yours again, you have to go to Jeju."

"So everything has to be done over there?" she asked.

"Yeah, all the legal documents and court sessions will be held over there too."

"Oh, that sounds like a lot..."

"Don't worry Mi Hyun. My husband and I will be there every step of the way," I smiled.

"But....Jeju? That's far...and expensive...." she said with worry in her face.

I showed her a soft smile and said, "Again, every step of the way."

Mi Hyun smiled back, "You really mean that don't you."

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because it's easy to say and hard to prove. Lot's of people make promises they can't keep."

"Well I can promise you that I'll keep this one."

"You are a special person Akia. It's rare to meet people like you. Along the way, you will change the lives of many people," she smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled back.

It was quiet in the room for a while. Almost like the silence made a decision to stay. Until of course, a force breaks it.

"So, when do you want to go to Jeju?" I asked.

.                                 .                           .                                   .

"You want to go back to Jeju with her?"

"Of course. I promised her that I would be there for her. Plus with all the stuff she has to go through she can't possibly do it on her own," I said.

"Still....won't you be busy?"

"I'm going to tell my manager to cancel all my individual activities for a while."

"How?"

"Tell him I have family matters to attend to."

"So you're just going to lie to him?"

"It's not really lying...Mina is like family," I said.

"Ugh~ This is too much~"

"Yah, Kim Ryeowook, didn't you tell me that you would help me with this too?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I didn't think-"

"But nothing, that's what you said~" I sang teasing him.

He sighed and fell back onto our bed. "You don't have to go if you don't want to," I told him.