Chapter 35

"...Excuse me?!" I asked.

"Doctor...are you sure about what you just said?" Hyun Jae asked.

"Of course I'm sure! I'm a doctor. From all the symptoms you just gave me, I'd say you're about a month and a half into pregnancy."

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

All I could do was stare at the doctor, and back at Hyun Jae. I was SO confused. "Is this a dream? If it is, please wake me up. NOW."

"Doctor....are you SURE I am pregnant?" I asked still unable to believe him.

"If you're not so sure, we can give you a pregnancy test. But believe me, you are pregnant."

I turned to Hyun Jae to see that she was just as surprised as I was. "I would like to take that pregnancy test please," I told the doctor.

"Sure, just one second," he said stepping out of the door.

As soon as the door closed, Hyun Jae and I made direct eye contact. She got up from her seat and ran over to where I was. She softly placed her hand on my stomach and looked up at me with worry in her eyes. On perfect timing, we both screamed. Probably loud enough for the whole hospital to hear.

"AKIA, HOW ARE YOU PREGNANT?!" she screamed.

"I DON'T KNOW! I MEAN I KNOW BUT.....I DON'T KNOW!" I screamed back.

"THAT MAKES NO SENSE!"

"I KNOW IT DOESN'T BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY!"

Hyun Jae stopped screaming and started pacing the floor. I was still freaking out. I wouldn't be surprised if my blood pressure was extremely high. Sweat was slowly creeping it's way onto my forehead. "Oh my god I'm going to die."

Soon the doctor stepped back in with a pregnancy test and Hyun Jae and I immediately calmed down so he wouldn't think we were going crazy. I stepped off into the bathroom and took the test.

The test results finally came back after what seemed like an eternity. The doctor let me read them for myself so that I was 100% sure if I was pregnant or not.

"Well, are you?" Hyun Jae whispered to me.

"........I'm pregnant," I said softly, almost at a murmur. I was surprised Hyun Jae could hear me.

"Are you serious?!" She whispered a bit louder but quiet enough to where the doctor couldn't hear.

"....Unni.....I'm pregnant..." I repeated.

She grabbed the results from my hand and read them herself. Hyun Jae turned to look at me then back at the doctor and smiled.

"Thank you for telling us this...news..." she said.

"No problem. I suggest reading a lot of books on pregnancy and motherhood to get you started and scheduling a few appointments for check ups."

"Thank you," we both said as Hyun Jae helped me out of the room and down the rest of the hospital.

As soon as we stepped into the car, neither of us said a word. It was just steady breathing. Both of us were staring straight ahead of us, trying to wonder if what just happened was really real.

"Akia," Hyun Jae said.

"Yeah."

"You're pregnant."

"Yeah, I'm pregnant."

"You're going to be a mom."

"Yeah, I'm going to be a-" I stopped in mid sentence. It took me a while to realized what I was actually saying. Quickly, I turned to look at Hyun Jae.