Chapter 6

A/N: Hope y'all enjoy it! Please R&R!

Chapter 6

The morning started early for Val as usual. Later in the day, she'd be joining Joe and a couple of the other Superstars for a promo appearance in Cleveland before the Raw taping tonight. She sighed at the idea of spending most of the day with Joe, and then convinced herself to roll out of bed to get the day over with. Just as she placed her feet on the floor, her phone rang.

Joe.

Things hadn't been quite the same between them since New Orleans. She wanted so much to go back to the way they were before he tried to kiss her that day, because truth be told, she missed his company. However, he'd made his intentions with her very clear and hadn't hesitated about telling her his true feelings for her. The idea of a married man falling for her left her worried, but her falling for a married man frightened her. She sighed once more before pushing her thoughts aside and answering his call.

"Hello?"

"Are you up?" he asked.

"Yeah, when's the promo?"

"One. We're heading out in about an hour or so. Are you riding to Cleveland with us?"

"Who's us?"

"Me, Colby, and the Swiss Superman."

"I don't know," Val said with a yawn. "I think I'm just gonna rent a car. I need a little time to myself."

"Come on, Val. We're all going to the same place."

"Joe-"

"Please? We've got enough room, and besides, we're supposed to be travel buddies."

Val hesitated for a moment, wondering if she could survive what assuredly would become the most awkward ride of her life.

"I guess so," she finally answered.

"Cool. Meet us in the lobby in an hour."

"Alright."

Val rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few moments, already regretting that she had accepted Joe's invitation.

"What the fuck did you just do to yourself?"

***

Before Val knew it, the hour had passed and the group of her and the three superstars was trailing JG and Renee for the two hour drive to Cleveland. Unlike she'd expected, the atmosphere was full of banter. However, the glances that Joe gave her every now and then through the rearview mirror only escalated her discomfort. It's only for two hours, she said to herself as she stared out of the back driver-side window of the SUV, while the men carried on a conversation without her. Colby noticed her uneasiness almost immediately.

"You alright?" he asked just loud enough for her to hear.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just ready to get there."

"Yeah, me too. I need to take a piss."

Val laughed and shook her head.

"There's that pretty smile."

"You're insane, Colby."

"What's so funny?" Joe asked, looking at Val in the rearview mirror once again.

"Colby has to take a piss," Val said, looking at Colby when he backhanded her arm.

Val shrugged her shoulders and mouthed "I'm sorry," as Joe and Claudio broke into laughter.

"Damn shame. World champ, but you can't hold a piss?" Joe teased.