Chapter 33

Finally finished this chapter! Quick 'thank you' to all of my readers! Y'all are awesome! Anyway, on to the chapter...

Chapter 33

***

Joe was thankful for the time off he'd gotten before the Tables, Ladders, Chairs pay-per-view. His TLC match opportunity with Sheamus had finally arrived, and his adrenaline was at an all-time high. He'd been waiting for this night since first tasting the short thrill of victory after winning and holding the WWE World Heavyweight title for just five minutes and fifteen seconds at Survivor Series back in November. The MITB cash in by Sheamus left Joe in the middle of the ring - defeated, disgusted, and determined. He clearly remembered going back to the room and taking his frustrations out on Val that night. Luckily for him, the scratches she left on his back were hidden by his vest for the Raw show the next night.

He laughed softly to himself as he taped his left wrist to prepare for the show. His thoughts were interrupted when a light knock sounded at his dressing room door.

"Come in," he called out.

Val walked into the room and closed the door behind her. He'd noticed since their return to the road that her mood had been a bit dismal. Unbeknownst to her, he'd chatted with Lexy and learned that she was struggling with the decision to permanently move in with him. He'd hopefully put her concerns to rest by the end of the year.

"What's goin' on, baby?" he asked, kissing her forehead, "I thought you'd be ringside by now."

"I had a couple of minutes. I just came to wish you good luck."

"I appreciate that, Doll," he said, giving her a head nod.

"Well, I'm outta here. I'll see ya out there."

Val turned to leave, but Joe grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

"Look, baby, I know this whole moving thing's been on your mind lately, but don't let it stress you, alright? You have a plan, so don't let my desires derail you, if you're not feelin' it."

Val nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, baby. I'll see you at ringside."

"Yeah, look for me. I'll be the one kicking Sheamus' ass," he teased, winking at her.

She blew him a kiss before exiting the room and leaving him to finish preparing for his match. He sat down on the padded folding chair and searched through his rolling suitcase for his cell phone. Once he found it, he placed a quick call to Carol to schedule a second date for viewing more homes. Just as he ended the call, he was led to his usual ring entrance spot.

***

For some reason tonight, Joe was sexy as hell to Val. The way he and Sheamus threw each other around the ring made her want to implore those same tactics in the bedroom. The hellacious match between the two men, allowed for some incredible photography. She captured a series of shots of Joe performing a Samoan drop on Sheamus from the ring apron onto a table that had been set up in front of the announcers' table. The move drew the patented "holy shit" chant from the crowd as the wrestlers lay entangled amongst the carnage they had created. After a quick check from the official, the bout continued. As expected, the members of the League of Nations interfered in the match, essentially handing the victory to Sheamus. The League's actions sent Joe into a scripted rage against The Authority, resulting in a monumental beat down of Chief Operating Officer Triple H.

Val sat in awe, occasionally dodging the action as she snapped pictures. Damn, it must feel pretty good to beat the hell outta the boss, she thought as she watched Joe deliver the final blow-a spear, just feet in front of her.