Chapter 29

A/N Happy New Year Wattpaders! Hope you guys got your year off to a great start. This chapter takes place on the day before Thanksgiving. Read and enjoy! Thanks!

Chapter 29

Due to an injury that Colby sustained in a house show, the plans for Joe's title reign were changed. He still won the title at Survivor Series. However, he lost it to Sheamus just five minutes and fifteen seconds later after an MITB cash in by the Irish brawler. Prior to the show, he was informed that he'd still win the title, but at a later date, once creative had worked out the details. Understanding that anything could happen in this business, he had no problem with the changes. He was just glad that he'd eventually hold the title sooner than later. His patience had paid off in his career and love life. Soon he'd be the champ with a loving woman at his side. He and Val were closer than they'd ever been before. So much so, that he was past ready for his family to meet her. Unfortunately, that too would be postponed.

"I hate that you can't go with me," Joe said to Val as he packed his carry-on.

"I know, baby, but my father's been lobbying for this reunion for a while now, and I just couldn't say 'no.'"

Joe zipped up the carry-on and set it on the floor.

"I understand, baby. That father-daughter time is something that I cherish, and hopefully your father will see things the same way," he said, resting his hands on her waist and pecking her lips. "He's missed out on something really special, because you're a remarkable woman."

"Are you trying to get laid before we leave?" she asked, looking up at him and snaking her arms around his neck.

"Maybe. Is it working?" he asked with raised brows.

"I don't know," she said, placing a short kiss on his lips. "Keep talking."

"Mmm. You're beautiful," he started between kisses, "ambitious ... honest ... loyal ... smart ... and sexy as hell."

"Mission accomplished," she declared, pulling his shirt up and revealing his torso. Just as she started to pull the shirt over his head, his cell phone rang.

"Shit. It's my mom," he said, reaching into his jacket pocket.

"Looks like you're S-O-L, Daddy," she advised, patting his chest.

"You're such a tease," he said, shaking his head and answering the call.

While Joe carried on a conversation with his mother, Val busied herself with checking her social media accounts. She visited one of her favorite media sites and gasped loudly when she read the headline "WWE Superstar Roman Reigns and Hot New Girlfriend!"

"Oh my God. TMZ, really?" she asked herself in a whisper. "Joe?" she called out loud enough to garner his attention.

"Yeah, babe?"

"It's out," she said, holding her phone up for him to see.

"Mom, let me call you back," he said after reading the headline for himself. He ended the call and took Val's phone, starting to read the article aloud.

"Sorry, ladies, but it looks like WWE Superstar Roman Reigns has a new love interest! TMZ snapped the above photo of the wrestler exiting a Denver restaurant with his new flame-that's a nice picture of us-"

"Joe, keep reading!" Val impatiently exclaimed.

"Alright, alright," he said with a soft laugh. "With his new flame, identified as WWE photographer Valkyrie England. Apparently, the Samoan badass quietly dissolved his marriage to his college sweetheart back in July of this year. We aren't sure how long the couple has been dating, but they look crazy in love! Way to go, Roman! Your girl's a hottie!"