Chapter 25

I ran down to Louis' car happy as can be, now that it was friday and school was finally out for the weekend.

"Hey," I said sliding in to the car.

"Hey babe," Louis said.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Good, how was yours? Did Tyler bother you?" he asked.

"No he hasn't. He hasn't been coming to school." Tyler hasn't been around in a week. Maybe if I get lucky he will be gone forever.

"Good, hopefully that son of a bitch is gone," Louis said angrily.

"We can only hope," I said leaning over. Louis' smile suddenly grew. "What?" I said matching his smile.

"Nothing. It's just you're so beautiful."

"Thanks," I said leaning in. He leaned in also our lips meeting in the middle. Kissing Louis always took my breath away. Our kiss was interrupted by ferocious knocking on the window. I looked out my window to see my cousin standing there looking through the window.

"Shit," I muttered to myself. He could possibly tell Todd about this.

"Get out of the car, both of you," I heard him faintly say. I looked back at Louis, his face confused.

"Who the hell is that?" he asked.

"That would be my cousin," I replied. I looked back out my window, my cousin still standing there.

"Get out of the car Jess!" he yelled. He was also a little bit over protective like my brother. I looked at Louis before quickly getting out of the car.

"Who the fuck is that?!" my cousin yelled. I felt Louis join me by my side. He stood with his shoulder in front of mine, a protective stance.

"This would be Louis," I said calmly.

"Louis? Like your brother's friend Louis?" he asked. I didn't realize that my cousin knew who Louis was. Now I was freaking out inside.

"Um yes," I replied. He laughed, almost like an evil laugh.

"Wait till Todd finds out about this! Your both dead!" he said.

"No please, don't tell Todd, please. I'm begging you," I said.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because you don't want to completely ruin my life," I said in a hushed tone.

"This guy is bad news, Jess. I think telling Todd is the best for you," he said quietly. What did he mean by Louis is bad news? I looked at Louis, who was looking down at the ground. He avoided eye contact completely.

"No! I like him! And he treats me right! He's a good guy and you have absolutely no reason to tell Todd!" I yelled.

"How do I know that? How do I know that he's not going to hurt you?" he said.

"Because people get hurt and it's a part of life. So what if he hurts me? I can deal with it myself. You can not protect me for my entire life." He stood there and thought about it for a minute.

"Fine, I won't tell Todd. But if he hurts you, he will have to deal with me and Todd. Got it?"

"Yes, thank you," I said.

"Take care of her," my cousin said. He stuck out his right hand to Louis.

"Ya I will, don't worry," Louis said grabbing his hand and shaking it.

I quickly gave my cousin a hug before turning around and getting back in Louis' car.

"Shit that was close," I whispered. I looked at Louis. He looked sad, something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked.