C6. Bite me, Alpha

Dedication to @Bamagranna for your extra long, lovely comment! Thank you so, so much!

Okay so I worked pretty hard to get this chapter out for you guys because, somehow i got like, 100 reads in a few hours (WHAT THE ACTUAL HeCk IM DYING THANK YOU OMG). I'm also a little worried that you guys might not like this chapter so i thought 'hey! if i update twice in one day, surely the'll forgive me a little? ha ha ha......right?'

hahaha basically I really hope you guys still choose to vote and comment your thoughts.
-----------------------------------------

"So..." I trailed off, awkwardly standing by the closed door as Xavier watched me carefully from the corner of the room, his arms folded across his chest and his features thoughtful.

"I didn't want you to find out like that," he muttered suddenly, gazing at me cautiously.

"How were you going to tell me then?" I curiously asked, cocking my head to the side as I easily returned his stare.

Admittedly, I was a lot calmer now that I knew he wasn't going to attack me.

I mean, sure, he wasn't human but there wasn't particularly anything I could do about that.

"I... I don't know. I think I'd have preferred that you didn't find out."

"What? Why?"

He sighed, dragging his hands down his face before he stepped towards me.

"You're in enough danger as it is and finding out what I am isn't going to help at all. In fact, this," he gestured between us and I raised an eyebrow in confusion, "is going to make it worse."

"You never did explain why it is people are after me."

"Because of what you might know about your mother."

"What I might know?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the ridiculous idea. "She died six years ago. Over time I blocked out a lot of stuff from my past. I hardly remember anything which means that I'm of no help to you either."

"That's another thing," he held up his hand, taking another step forward. "You are of help to me whether or not you know anything, which is the reason your enemies went from being a single group of people to a number of them."

"You're not making any sense whatsoever!" I shouted out, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"You are my mate," he then stated, his face emotionless as he watched me. I froze, my mouth dropping open in bewilderment as I watched him. "And when an Alpha has a mate, they're stronger. No one wants me to be stronger than I already am."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I waved my hands about, gesturing for him to slow the fuck down. "You think I'm your mate? As in soul-mate?" I recalled what Gabriel had spoken about a few days ago, a number of uncertain thoughts racing through my mind. "I'm sorry buddy but you've got the wrong girl."

"No," he shook his head, seeming a little angry as he looked to me. "I don't. Believe me, I hoped I did."

My heart clenched at his words and I took in a deep, shaky breath, doing my best to keep up my mask of impassiveness.

"How do soul-mates work? Wha- what are we?"

"You are human and I am a werewolf. So we aren't meant to be. Werewolves don't usually have human mates."

"But you sai-"

"I don't want you!" he snapped, running a hand through his hair as he glared at me. I cocked an eyebrow and stared him down.