C31. Too soft

Hey all you wonderful people! ;)

I hope you're doing well! Sorry this update took so long. It's here now though and I really hope you enjoy.

The song is basically what I've been listening to on repeat for a few days. Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson. It really is so beautiful.

I've probably dedicated to this person before, but I'm gonna dedicate to you again because you're really so incredible Booksramazyn xoxo

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan!

ALSO! Let me know what Harry Potter house you've been sorted into (if you have one that is -if not, totally go take the Pottermore quiz haha)! I'd be so interested to know. Bonus points if you can guess which house I'm in too ;)

Character recap:

Jessica -Ally's "best friend" at the beginning of the book who was actually sleeping with Ally's boyfriend (Brody) at the time. She only stayed friends with Jess because both had no one but each other.

Brody -Ally's "boyfriend" who was in on the plan to sell Ally to Xavier at the beginning. Was also sleeping with Ally's best friend (Jess).

Harold -at the start of the book, Ally believed he was her father only to find out when he sold her to Xavier for money, that he most certainly was not.

Theodore -tried to forcefully claim Ally (at Ally's intro to pack party). Now he's determined to kill her because she killed his sister, Isabella (Xavier's ex).

Nathan -brief introduction as Ally's uncle (her Dad's brother and current Alpha of Fengari Pack)

-----------------------------------------

"What did you do?" I gasped with horror, unable to tear my gaze from Theodore's lifeless body.

"He trespassed on my land and paid the price. Apparently he was passing through to scout out your pack. You should be thanking me," Nathan coolly replied. My gaze snapped up to meet his and I felt my heart clench with disgust when I realised that he actually seemed proud.

"You can't just go killing everyone who trespasses!" I cried as Xavier reached out to me, concern written all over his flawless face. "You- you just can't," I ended with a distressed whisper when Xavier finally enveloped me in his arms and pushed my head into his chest so I wouldn't have to look at the bloody scene before me.

"I can see that you are not yet accustomed to the way of life for our species," Nathan quietly mused. "Perhaps your mate has been too soft on you," he added as an afterthought. "The rumors seem to be true, Rivera. Alex may have damaged the security of your pack and your reputation, after all." 

"You're too close to our borders, mutt," Xavier snarled and I heard Nathan lowly growl at the insult.

"I delivered your enemy to you. I was only trying to protect my niece. Is this not what you wanted?" Nathan sounded genuinely surprised that we weren't praising his actions.

"You need to take him away from here right now. Do not enter my pack without my express permission," Xavier ordered and then he gently maneuvered my body so I was facing away from the others and lightly guided me away, his hand pressing softly into the small of my back.

I gladly followed his silent direction, eager to escape the scent of death lingering in the musty air and for a while I numbly stumbled forward, my thoughts focused on the gruesome images of Theodore's body.