C30. Secrets

Hey guys!

If you're craving more werewolf romance (with regular updates), go check out my other novel "Damien & Juliet". It has major ties to "Bound To The Alpha".

Character recap:
Lukas -Xavier introduced him to Ally (at Ally's intro to pack party) and said he was an allying Alpha and one of Xavier's closest friends.

Theodore -tried to forcefully claim Ally (at Ally's intro to pack party). Now he's determined to kill her because she killed his sister, Isabella (Xavier's ex).

Nathan -brief introduction as Ally's uncle (her Dad's brother and current Alpha of Fengari Pack).

-----------------------------------------

"This is perfect," I grinned as I gazed around the large basement, "and you're sure that no one will come down here?" I turned to Damien, ignoring the suspicious glare he gave me.

"No one uses this room for training anymore," he coolly replied. "Xavier will find out about you guys," Damien tilted his head at Lukas with a raised eyebrow. "You'd want to be careful he doesn't think something else is going on."

"He won't find out," I pressed, staring at Damien expectantly. "You can't tell him. You promised you wouldn't."

"And I won't," he calmly assured me, folding his arms across his chest as he easily returned my glare. "But you owe me one," he added and I rolled my eyes with a grin, nodding my head at the same time.

"I do."

"A big one, pet."

"I know, Crazyman."

"Well you two have fun training," Damien emphasised the final word, shooting a harsh,warning glare at Lukas before turning toward the door.

Before leaving, he threw a few more words over his shoulder and even though his voice was soft, there was an underlying seriousness. "You're better off telling him. Believe me when I say that keeping secrets from your mate never works out well."

"He's right," Lukas murmured when Damien left the room. "Keeping secrets never does work out well." My fingers curled into fists of frustration and I desperately tried to manage my anger.

"He would never let me do this on my own."

"I know he would if you just spoke to him about it. Maybe he'd be against it at first but eventually-"

"He's far more interested in my safety than my opinion," I spat out, glaring at the ground as my pent up feelings started to seep out.

"You have to understand-"

"That's the thing-!" I cut Lukas off with an angry shout and threw up my hands as I turned to gaze at him. "I do understand. That's why I'm doing this; because his safety is important to me. The safety of this pack is important to me. If I don't fight Theodore myself, then everyone will be in danger and I just can't let that happen. I-I can't."

"And what about you? How do you think he'd feel when he finds out you've been training on your own and you're fully prepared to face Theodore on your own?"

"I..." I trailed off, the fight draining out of me. My shoulders slumped forward and I tiredly dragged a hand over my face as I genuinely thought about what Lukas said. "You're right."

-Xavier are you busy?- I hesitantly asked through the mind link, chewing nervously on my bottom lip as I waited for him to reply.

"You linking with him?"