Chapter 6

First off, I just really really REALLY want to apologize for not posting regularly. I have just gotten off and tired and stuff. Plus, I meant to post on Monday, but my dad had wifi shut off so my iPod couldn't post. Once he turned it on at, like, 5:oo, I forgot. So...I am very sorry.

Well, happy surprise Wednesday, even if I didn't post on Monday!(so sorry. so so sorry)

***

"Honey, you know you can ask me anything," Mom said.

"Yea. I know," I said. I was worried about her reaction when she found out what I was thinking.

"Well then, honey, what is it? Is it about that boy who died yesterday?"

"Kind of."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's on the touchy subject."

"Which one?"

"The...the..."

"Come on!" Mom exclaimed, her eyes filled with worried and question.

"It's about the prophecy. I think I am the chosen one," I spat out.

Mom stood there, silent. She was cautious to not let any emotion come through. What is she hiding? Fear flooded me as I waited for her response.

"Why?" She said simply, her body trembling.

"Yesterday, we played a game. We learned how to wink in class and the boys were really excited. They thought that it would be a good idea to play a game where we all were the chosen one. We ran around and winked at one another. I only winked at one person, and it was the boy! Uhri! He never got up or moved when recess was over. And then they say that they found him dead later on! And no wounds!" I exclaimed.

Halfway through my speech, I had started crying without realizing it. Now that I had finished, I found my cheeks tear stained, rivers flowing freely from my eyes.

"The story is rubbish! How many times must I tell you this!" Mom cried.

"But he died!" I cried.

"But you don't know that it was because of you!" She exclaimed, growing frantic.

"I was the one who winked at him! He is the one who died. Put that together."

"He probably died of cardiac arrest." Mom said, desperation clinging to her voice.

All I could do was shake my head. I turned around and started to put up my stuff. Mom let out a sigh and left. She was hiding something. This was becoming scary. It was like a horror movie popped out of its DVD and came to life.

Mom doesn't know I've seen horror movies. Don't tell her, ok?

Anyways, this whole thing was just freaking me out. I didn't know. But if I told anyone, then I could be in BIG trouble. No one would believe me. If they did, I would probably be dead.

It's probably best that I keep my suspicions to myself. Just like what mom told me when I was little. I could still here her words echoing through my head.

"Ales! I must warn you, people will take the words you say to heart! Try to keep quiet about the story, if anyone asks if you have heard it, you may say yes but do not recite your feelings on the story. Some people believe that it is real, but it is not. Only a fool would believe such a piece of trash! This story was never and it never will be true."

I was only an infant when she told me this, but I could still remember it clear as day. I had a special ability to remember stuff. I could probably recite all the stories my mom told me as an infant from memory.