Singing On Your Way Home

As you start to sing you pull out of the parking lot. Its less awkward when you have something else to do when you're singing. You sing it just as good as last time, not wanting to mess up in front of the whole group. When you get to the end and the last few vibratos, you inflect you voice voice to grow with the words.
      When you're finished Mitch turns down the radio and turns around to look at them. You look through the rearview mirror and see stunned looks on all of their faces. You smirk and put your eyes back on the road.
      "(Y/n). I never knew you had such a beautiful voice. That was amazing. The inflections on the words and the vibratos were perfect. How long have you been practicing?" Scott asks.
      This makes you blush. "I started practicing with sheet music and piano about a month ago. I've really improved since then. Thank you." He nods his head and smiles. The others tell you how awesome that was and you thank them. You try and be modest and it takes all of you, but you keep yourself from bragging.
      "Hey, so I'm guessing you know some of our music? Considering your friend makes you listen it." You nod your head.
      "Actually, she makes me sing them too, so I do know most of them." He seems slightly surprised but he smiles and nods at the others. "So which song should we start with guys?" Mitch asks them.
      "How about one that you lead Mitch?" Avi suggests. This makes Mitch blush and he nods. "Is Na Na Na okay with everyone back there?" He asks. They all agree.
      "Okay. So who's part do I sing along with? Kirstie, Scott, or Mitch?" You ask. Scott answers your question. "Well, my part is a little low for you, and you and Kirstie have almost the same vocal ranges and-" you cut him off, "and its all about harmony." "Yep. So I guess you can sing along with Mitch then." You see Mitch smile out of the corner of your eye.
      "Ready?" Kevin asks. You nod your head. Then everyone except Mitch starts to clap their hands. Mitch counts to three and you join him on the song.

Woke up whistling like the wind blows looking out my window just to see the shine

Baby you might call it crazy how I'm acting lately skipping through the sky

I see so clearly why I'm always feeling free, so I sleep when my dreams lookin like reality

Don't it feel like Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

Don't it feel like I know where the greener grass grows you just have to follow to the other side

Let's go tiptoe on a tight rope fallings only natural so spread your wings and fly

You'll see so clearly why I'm always feeling free so I sleep when my dreams lookin like reality

      You sing this much and continue through the whole song with them. (Fr/n) was definitely right. You might have used to have been mad at them, but you were having a lot of fun. Before you know it you were already back to the town where you lived. You didn't think the song was that long.
      When the song is over, Scott wants to sing Misbehavin'. So you continue to sing along with Mitch. By the time you're done you realize something. "What is it (y/n)?" Mitch asks.
      "I always thought that I hated your music and your group. But now I know I was just making myself think that because I was mad. I really do like all of your music. I can't believe it took me this long to realize that." When you finish he smiles at you.
      "How about you pick the next song." You let out a huge grin and think about which one. "Does it need to be one we all sing together? Or can I pick one to sing before we get there?" He shakes his head. "It can be any song you want to sing." You smile again. You hand your phone to Mitch.
      "Go to YouTube, and get to the search bar." He follows your directions. "Now search a thousand years by Christina Perri." He pulls it up. "I've heard this one a few times. Its pretty good." He comments. He hooks the phone up to the speakers through the vehicle. It was karaoke version.
      When it comes on you sing your heart out. Not too much but still try and perfect it. You finish the last note just as you turn onto the drive to your apartment complex. As you come up to the gate you enter your number and the gate opens for you. You drive in and to B221. You park and grab your purse.
      "Bye! I guess I'll talk to one of you sometime soon." You say.
      "Just call the number that I gave you." Mitch says. "Bye." You nod your head as you get out. You start to walk up to the door but then you turn back around and look back at the parking lot. You see Scott just about to get in the drivers seat. He notices the look on your face. "What is it?" He asks.
      "(Fr/n) car isn't here. She has an assigned parking spot." She should have been back by now. Her work is only a few minutes from here." You tell him. His eyes widen.
      "She has her cell right? Just call her." You grab your phone from your purse and press 1. She was on speed dial. The phone rings. And rings. And rings. And rings. But she doesn't pick up. You leave her a message. You wouldn't be worried except that she always calls you if she does something different than normal.
      You notice Mitch climb out of the car with a confused look on his face. He walks over. "What's going on?" You stuff your phone back in your purse.
      "(Fr/n) won't pick up, her car isn't here, and she normally calls if she goes off schedule. I've got a gut feeling something's wrong." You can't help but worry.
      "Do you want one of us to stay with you until she comes back? Its not a huge deal." You look over at Mitch as he says that. "You don't have to. But if you want to sure." You tell him. "I can drive you home when she comes back." He nods his head.
      "Okay. I'm going to drive the rest of us back to the house." Scott says. He walks back to the SUV and climbs in. You both watch as they drive away and out the gate. Then you turn to Mitch.
      "Follow me." You head for the door. When you get inside he follows you up the stairs to the third floor. Once you make it to B221, you pull out your key and unlock the door. You walk inside and drop onto the couch. "Close the door. You can sit wherever."
      He walks over and sits next to you after closing the door. "Nice apartment. How big is it?" He asks. "There's what you see now, which is the kitchen, dining area, living area, and then there are two bedrooms each with their own master bathroom. And this couch us a futon in case anyone else spends the night." He seems impressed. He's just about to say something when your cell phone starts ringing.