3. Trees .

Stupid.

That's what I was. Stupid.

I knew it was raining, it was dark, and lord knows where I was. Why didn't I just stay with him?

Because you don't even know who him is!

"Ugh!" My foot slid down into a deep puddle, soaking my black jeans up to the bottom of my calf and knocking me off balance, causing me to fall on my butt.

I'd been walking for at least forty-five minutes now. My phone was in my coat and my coat and boots were back at the creepy kidnapper's house.

I had no one to call, or at least nothing to call anyone on. And I had no idea where the hell in Connecticut I was.

Hopefully I was still in Connecticut.

I rose my leg out of the puddle, watching the water run out of my pants until it was left dripping, then rung what I could out with my hands.

Stupid dark blondie, this is all your fault.

The moment I thought about him, a chill crept up my spine.

Where is he? Is he still out there? How'd I end up with exotic eyes? Do they know each other?

Well, if they do. It was in my best interest to scram.

I stood, touching my damp butt and cursing at how soaked I was. If I were to get sick after this, I might just have to hunt Tall, Dark and Nonchalant down.

I began walking again and before I knew it I found myself stuck in a muddy puddle this time.

"Lucky. I'm one lucky bitch." I tried to yank my foot out, but the suction of the mud only seemed to draw it in further.

This time anger got the best of me, I kicked and flailed my leg around like a crazy person, hoping the right move would free it.

My left leg got tired of supporting me up after a few moments and decided to buckle and cave in under me.

I fell right in the mud.

Fuck my life.

"Fine! Fine!" I was completely over it, over tonight, over those guys, over everything.

I laid back, not caring how muddy I got or how crazy I looked laying there. The rain picked up, hitting spots of my face and quickly sliding off.

I closed my eyes.

Maybe the Earth will dissolve me into it. Maybe I can finally stop fighting.

I laid there for what felt like hours as the rain beat against my skin. Stuck in mud and mad as hell, but tired. I was so tired.

"Miss?"

Oh great.

"Go away." I said to the voice of whoever this woman was.

"Oka- I'm sorry, but are you okay?"

I didn't open my eyes, she didn't sound like a threat and my body didn't register her as one either. Maybe it was the foreign tinge to her sweet tone that didn't alarm me.