38. Just Act, Don't Think .

Nova's POV

"Wake up, I'm hungry." I poked and prodded at Grey's face until a pale brown colored eye popped open.

"I thought I might wake up to romantic kisses, sweet nothings being whispered in my ear. You know, that kind of thing."

Oh, okay.

I gave his ear sloppy wet kisses, "Food. Food. Food." I whispered each time I pulled away.

He chuckled, pulling me into him and turning over.

"No! No sleep, yes food."

He pretended to snore.

I tried to wiggle free, but he only held me tighter.

"I get physical when it comes to food, wolf boy." I kneed him and slid away, snatching the duvet away from him and wrapping it around me.

I dashed for the door, but even with the head start, he was still fast enough to catch me.

"Merde, you have to tell me how you do that."

He laughed, kissing the side of my face from behind. "Just act, don't think."

He was so much like me.

"You're good at the not thinking part, huh?"

"Ouch, Nova. Even after bedding you, you're still fiery. Good to know the passion will always be there."

I turned around in his hold, kissing his lips. "Always."

"Alright, let's go to the room and get cleaned up. I'll feed you after."

When he opened the door, with a smile plastered on my face, I made sure the duvet was secured around me and then took off.

"Nov- Dammit."

I was already turning a corner when he picked up some speed behind me.

Just act, don't think.

I was just about to turn another corner, but I'm sure that's what he'd expect and end up catching up to me before we got to the room.

I nearly slid like a runner making it to home base, just to catch a different turn down a hall I'd had yet to explore.

I prayed that no one would come out.

Otherwise they'd be getting a whole lot of body in their view.

"You're lagging behind, Alpha. Is it harder to catch me now?" I couldn't help but to laugh.

I waited for a smart ass response, but when I didn't get it, I had to stop and turn around.

He was nowhere in sight.

"Grey?"

I waited a moment.

"Grey, this isn't funny."

I heard the floor creak, but I wasn't sure if it had come from the direction I'd came from, or the direction I was going.

I subconsciously began backing away, keeping my eyes glued in the direction I'd come from.

"WAM!" A familiar scare was thrown back at me.

I dropped to the floor, covering my arms over my head.

Grey's laughter echoed off the walls of the hall. It was the loudest, most genuine laugh I'd heard him do.

I slowly brought my arms down, staring at him all the while.

"You should've seen.. Pet, are you alright?" He knelt down beside me, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.