30. Just For Your Pretty Little Pleas .

Humming.

That's what distracted my mind and kept me calm as I lay unconscious in the woods with Titus.

If I was even still there.

But I didn't care about that right now, all I could focus on was the humming.

It was my mother.

I knew her voice anywhere.

For a moment, the humming grew louder, as if she'd walked up and could touch me. But just as quickly as it'd grown, it soon began to fade away.

Leaving an aching ring resonating in my ears.

I slowly began to open my eyes, the humming now completely gone, and the only thing left to hear was the sound of running water.

I blinked hard a couple of times, trying to adjust my view, when finally a room began to come into focus.

I immediately began to panic.

The room was made of nothing but rock, and held only a small lantern to light it. Only a desk with papers, a chair, and mattress were in the room.

Apart from the chains that were embedded into the rock walls. Apart from me being chained to the rock walls.

"Help! Somebody help!" I yelled, trying to break from my chains, but finding it was no use. They may have looked old and rusted, but they were still far from their expiration date.

Screaming brought the head pains back and when I heard footsteps coming from the only dark path ahead of me, I instantly regretted making it known that I was awake.

A small part of me hoped that it was Grey, but an even bigger part of me knew that it was too good to be true. Grey would always find me, but he couldn't be in two places at once.

When I could hear the footsteps get closer, the sound of my heart overpowered the noise of anything else around me.

I tried to calm myself down. But chained to a wall in a dark, cave-like room, with the back of your head gushing wasn't the type of predicament most people kept a level-head in.

"Good.. So you're alive."

His voice made my stomach nauseas and head hurt even more. I was tired of dealing with this, with him.

"If you're going to kill me, just get it over with! You have me, leave the Aureate Moon pack out of it!" My words tasted like copper in my mouth.

Maybe it was the blood, or maybe it was just the distaste and hatred I had for the dark blonde before me.

"Ooo, but you know good and well if I take you as my wife or kill you, I'll be dealing with your Alpha either way. Guess he'll just have to die too."

"Oh, you mean like what your brother's out there doing for you right now?" I spat at him.

"Exactly."

His smile made me sick.

"Your a scoundrel. I'd never be your wife, so you might as well kill me now!"

"Too bad I like my women mean and feisty. I like a good fight. But with you, you're different. And I'm going to figure out what, not that pathetic Alpha you call a mate."

"I'll off myself before I let you take me."

"Aw, don't be such a poor sport." He walked over until his face was planted directly in front of mine. "Otherwise I'll have to rip your tongue from your throat and feed it to your worthless pack."