9. WAM !

Grey's POV

"You're Alpha Grey? Ha. The way they talk about you, I was expecting to meet a beast of a man."

Stupid wolf, you ought to know better.

"That's where their stories have you misled boy. I am all beast, no man." My eyes reflected and a low rumble started in my chest and worked to the base of my throat.

"You don't scare me, Grey."

Strike one, thinking my mate was his.

Strike two, having such low expectations of me.

And the final one, the most deadly strike.. number.. three..

Not addressing me as the alpha that I am.

Before he could even register what was happening, I charged full speed at him. I took his weak ass to the ground and welled on him repeatedly.

He moved his face out of the way after about the sixth hit, causing my next hit to miss and pound into the ground, leaving an indent.

"I'm not as weak as the wolves in your pack, Grey!" Titus bent his legs under me, using as much force as he could to send me flying.

Unfortunately for him, he only sent me to my side a bit, but it gave him enough time to scrabble out from under me.

He twisted up, trying to send his foot straight into my face, but I caught it and slung him into the closest tree.

I could hear the crack of his bones as he cried out.

Walking over to him, I grabbed a fistful of his blonde locks and kneed him right in his face. Blood sprayed everywhere.

His body flew back, causing him to hit his head on the tree. His body slid down until he sat halfway upright, with his head slumped to the side.

He was unconscious.

I bent down ready to snap the bastard's neck, but stopped when I could hear footsteps in the distance.

My eyes reflected.

Nova.

Forgetting the scrawny little pup for now, I dashed off after the supernova of a girl I knew was my mate.

I knew she would call for me. The moon goddess warned me to be around this area tonight, that she would need me.

I put my nose to the air, banking a hard left when I caught a whiff of her scent.

She's close by. Definitely not running anymore.

I slowed my pace to a light jog, turning my head around to sniff the area.

"I know you're hiding, pet. Come out, you know I wouldn't hurt you."

Silence.

"Dammit Nova, you're really going to make me look behind all these damn trees?"

I swore I heard a giggle.

Ah, so now it's a game?

"I'm too old for this type of play pet, come out now." I tried to sound serious, but the smile in my tone probably only encouraged her.

"Pet?" I walked towards a tree and slowly peered behind it.

Nothing.